Caught with My Pants Down

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Labor Day holiday, I decided to go visit my parents. To conserve weight, I decided to leave all of my lights behind except the Photon on my key ring.

So it's midnight and I'm in the study reading (alright...surfing CPF) and I hear noises on the deck below. Is it a burgular? A neighbor's pet? A wild animal?

So without a flashlight, I try to maneuver a desk light to shine out of the window. Of course, the angle is not right and there is a terrible amount of back splatter (the windows rotate out but not all the way so the floody desk lamp is badly reflected by the windows). I also can't react too well, and holding the lamp is really awkward. A focused beam (flashlight) would have worked far better!!!

I was barely able to discern some furry shapes on the deck...probably raccoons, but it could have been cats or dogs for all I know. I'll probably never know.

So the morale of the story is that a flashaholic should never travel without at least one powerful light.

Anyone else have misses???

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was in college, I broke down on a very lonly road about 30 miles from any help. All I had was a friends zippo lighter under the hood in a decent wind. I had to put a half busted jar over the lighter to keep it from blowing out. After that I swore NEVER AGAIN!

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had any misses yet but you are right, one should always have a goog EDC. I usually EDC my PD or HDS so I am never without a good light. They get used often. It's amazing how useful one can be day to day.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
I vote that Illumination have his CPF membership revoked.
This is conduct unbecoming of a CPF member.
I am so infuriated at the moment that I'm going to have to go and try to cool down before I lose it.

:lolsign: :poke:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumination,

Private message your address to Shifty 646, so he can deal with you personally.

It's going to get ugly. . .

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I apologize for my transgressions. To attone for my sins, I purchased an HDS U60GT. I promise not to go anywhere without it...

Hadn't thought about a CR2. They are nice, but seem sooooo expensive. I love the Ion and Katokichi's models; anyone else make good ones <$100. I think the KIs go for >$200.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
Illumination said:
Guys, I apologize for my transgressions. To attone for my sins, I purchased an HDS U60GT. I promise not to go anywhere without it...

You are grudgingly forgiven.
Don't let such an atrocity happen again, ever.

BTW... you are going to love your U60GT!
I have one, and I liked it so much I bought my dad a U60, he's not a flashaholic, but he was really impressed.
If a person were to have only one light, this is the light to have.

Illum

Flashaholic
shifty646 said:
I vote that Illumination have his CPF membership revoked.
This is conduct unbecoming of a CPF member.
I am so infuriated at the moment that I'm going to have to go and try to cool down before I lose it.
:lolsign: :poke:

Hey, at lease hes educated to have a photon on hand and not a cheap 50 cent china made keychain light:grin2:

I think this should serve as a warning.:laughing:
I travel with 4 lights and still feel I should've bright an extra light:naughty::ohgeez:

MSI

Enlightened
Illumination said:
Hadn't thought about a CR2. They are nice, but seem sooooo expensive. I love the Ion and Katokichi's models; anyone else make good ones <$100. I think the KIs go for >$200.

Take a look at Jil or Orb.

roguesw

Enlightened
same thing happened to me
on a weekend trip, we unexpectedly stopped off at a lava cave
there i was without any light at all
and i was in the perfect flashaholic place, deep underground with no lights
holy crappola batman
man, i wanted to run to the car and get my lights but unfortunately, my gf had other ideas
never again
d

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am shocked that a CPF member committed the ultimate sin, he left his babies at home!!!:grin2: Being a flashaholic now, I have come to terms with my addiction:rock: . Never leave home without your light!!! Haha, I am glad that it was nothing serious that was lerking on your deck...Cheers..:rock:

This happens to me from time to time when I end up doing impromptu urban exploration or friend decides to not bring flashlight, then we fight over my only flash light.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol @ this thread and shifty's incredibly harsh rebuke!
crackup.gif

Nice way to make amends though Illumination...that HDS will serve you well!
buttrock.gif

CFU