CL1499 bulbs

ciam

Newly Enlightened
I've read them in so many threads and I want to get a couple. Yet, I couldn't find anyone who carries them. Indeed, I couldn't find them even in Carley's own website. I only manage to find a group buy for a modified version H1499 and I've signed up the waiting list. I just want to know if they're one-off custom made bulbs?

majr

Newly Enlightened
"I just want to know if they're one-off custom made bulbs?"
Basically, thats the case. You can either get in on litho123's groupbuy, or call up carley with a large order for them and wait just the same unfortunately. Other than that watch the BST, or post in the WTB, for a good enough price even I could be convinced to part with one or two or mine :)..

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, the 1499 is a stock Carley lamp that you can order.

Litho123's version has a different gas fill and filament height to make it more useable in some of the hotwire mods, but the stock 1499 can be ordered directly from Carley, provided they are in stock (they usually are) and that you order the minimum number. (It used to be $50 worth of Carley parts, I'm not sure anymore). It is not listed anywhere on line, it's one of those items you have to know about and ask for when you call.

(I often wonder how many more similar items Carley has hiding in the back!)

Bill