Would the metal casing of the Z2 handle the heat from a P61 better than the G2Z?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The Z2 provides better heat sinking for the P61 LA. The Z2 has a pyrex window and will not melt like the G2 window. When I say melt, I mean the G2 window will show obvious heating up of the lexan and the lexan will become diffused appearing in the center, reducing or diffusing light transmission.

Bill

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The G2Z has a Pyrex window.

As has been mentioned, the metal flashlight will allow heat from the lamp assembly and batteries to more quickly be drawn to the surface(s) of the flashlight which is better for performance when being used constant-on.

Al

Jasmes

Enlightened
Size15's said:
The G2Z has a Pyrex window.

As has been mentioned, the metal flashlight will allow heat from the lamp assembly and batteries to more quickly be drawn to the surface(s) of the flashlight which is better for performance when being used constant-on.

Al

So if I'm going to be using a P61 I'm best off with the Z2 eh?

Surefire says the G2Z is more durable/water resistant... there is a good chance this light will be getting banged around/wet, is the Z2 prone to getting waterlogged or damaged by impact? I can't find any reviews on the thing for some reason. :confused:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The G2Z being Nitrolon will be more durable and resiliant against physical abuse such as drops.
I see no reason why there is any difference between the Z2 and G2Z in terms of water-resistance. Such a comment have I ever seen before.

The Z2 would be better if you intended to run the P61 more often constant-on which generates a lot of heat. If you use the G2 as a flashlight there should be no problems.

Al