Help! w/ Amilite Neo T3 - Dim Output

rookie

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I have an Amilite T3 and all was well, with the bright output. At least up to yesterday. Today, I turn it on and all I get is a Dim light. I have tried different new batteries, and yet the output is still the same.

I tried to clean the positive and negative contacts on the light, and even wiped off all the gunk in the threads. Still the same output. I was wondering, do I have to find some sort of grease/lube for the threads in order for this light to work? Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do? I feel like that I am missing something important here, but just can't think of it.

Help please! :confused:

quokked

Enlightened
Have you got a contact cleaner like De-Oxit/Progold?

If not you can always use rubbing alchol on threads and the contact inside the tube and the contact on the inside PCB, i've found my Positive contact on my Neo T3 gunks up really quickly.
Have a look inside the tube and look at the negative contact, there's no spring on the inside of the NeoT3's battery tube just a little bump
try cleaning that too
:)

Good Luck

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the last year or so I have had two lights to do the same thing and I sprayed Deoxit on the contacts and that was the end of the problem. I'm a big believer in this stuff!

rookie

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Will try to find out if the local Radio Shack carries the ProGold and Deoxit. Hope it works.

Thanx again,