First flashlight MOD

abinok

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all,

I just recently found this forum while researching what flashlight I was going to buy. I am the only security officer on duty, graveyard shift, at a large government facility. It's surrounded by open fields on 2 sides, and I was looking for a light that would allow me to cover them effectively. I've been using a surefire 6p, 9p, and occasionally the 9p with a turbohead. The turbo head worked great, but the batteries have been adding up over the last year, and I decided that with all the $ I had spent on 123s, I could buy a rechargeable. I was all set to buy a streamlight ultra stinger when google pointed me to this site. After some searching, I figured out that I could have a whole lot more power than the ultrastinger, with rechargeable capability, and for only a few dollars more. Ive got all the parts assembled (from fivemega) for my POR light, and comparing the beam to the high output lamp for the 9P… there is absolutely no comparison. I decided to order an extra adapter for the light to give me the same quick change capability as the Surefire M6… but the batteries are rechargeable.

Thanks a lot guys for a great and informational site! I never would have even imagined that this type of light was possible.

Im actually looking forward to going to work tonight to play with my flashlight!