Run-Time Plot - SL Stylus

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a Streamlight Stylus (White) single led flashlight.This flashlight uses three Energizer E2 Titanium AAAA batteries. At the end of 16 hours, this flashlight was still generating enough light to lightup objects 3-4 feet away.

Equipemt used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1/08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis is one hour per division.

Be aware that your actual battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

stylus.jpg

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Pretty impressive Roy. I can appreciate this light as well. According to your graph, at approx the 10th hour, the light is at 50% of its initial brightness. I have had mine for so long, I cannot even remember the last time I changed batteries. The mfr. states, at least on my old package, 10 hrs. runtime. I agree. Mfrs should list time to 1/2 brightness. Let's face it, once the light falls by 50% in output, it's pretty much spent. Unless you wish to use it for "marker" light.

e-

MDM

Newly Enlightened
Roy:

Thanks for the graph. It's great information to have, and much more reliable than provided by the manufactures. I am very pleased with the Stylus.

e=mc2: I believe you raised the half-life standard a while back, and I for one think it is an excellent way to sum up the light-life in a concise way.