Website that lets you resize images online.

nethiker

Enlightened
I have been enjoying the del.icio.us website and came across this site that helps people resize their images. It was created in response to the difficulty people have properly sizing images for forums and thought it would be helpful to CPF'ers.

www.shrinkpictures.com

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I usually just open my picture(s) in MS Paint and press CTRL+W and shrink by percentages. You can then press CTRL+E to see how big it is. If it is the wrong size, press CTRL+Z to undo. That's just me though, and I'm a certified computer geek. :grin2: :lolsign: :bumpit:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paint will do it, but Irfanview seems handier for resizing.

You can set the pixel size directly. It will change the width and height proportionally so if you set the width in pixels, it will automatically set the height or vice versa. This keeps the same proportion so it doesn't distort the picture.

Optionally you can uncheck the "preserve aspect ratio" box and set the width and height individually. But if you want do to that, you may find it easier to click on one of the standard sizes. For instance, with a single click you can set the size to 640x480, or 800x600, etc.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also been using irfanview too.
It does more than resize the width and height.
It can also be used to further compress the file size of the image with only minimal loss.
8-18 kilobyte sized 640x480 is not too unusual if it's done right with a little practice.