Run-Time Plot - SL Scorpion

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for the Streamlight Scorpion. The batteries used for this plot were Toshiba CR123A's.

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1.08)

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis is 15 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

scorp.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the light output from the Scorpion and Legend LX really drop that dramatically? My Legend LX is in the car for emergency use and I don't own a Scorpion but I would say from the naked eye, my E2 drain curve is less dramatic. I thought the nature of the Lithium's themselves gave the lights a flatter run curve.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember your eyes are adjusting as the light level is dimming so the effect doesn't look that drastic.

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
Hi Roy-

your plots are really great. Any chance you might want to post them on a site somewhere?

If you don't have access to site hosting, I could probably put one together over the next few weeks at my company where we could post them. I would need to ask a few questions at work but I probably could swing it.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I'd like to see a "REVIEW" forum on CPF. That would put this kind of stuff in one location. There is now an "All Forum" search function. Search for "Run-Time Plot" and it'll bring it all up together.

You can compile your own set of files if you wish. If you're using MS Explorer, right click on the chart and then select "save picture as" and stash it in your own 'puter.

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
Right - but in a few days all these threads will be buried (although you can still search for them) - it would be great to have them live in an accessible place:)

Consider this this voice of an admirer (smile)

Many thanks for sharing this- michel