Does anyone remember the thread about the C2 vs. Z2?

Jasmes

Enlightened
I vaugely remember there being a thread about the C2 vs. Z2 but I can't find it... my first Surefire purchase is now narrowed down to one of these two, and I'm trying to decide which one to get [first :D].

Anyone know where to dig that thread up from? :confused:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both a Z2 and C2 and like my C2 much more. Performance-wise, they're identical, so getting the Z2 will save you money (but then again, a 6P will save more money over a Z2). However, I like the appearance and finish of my C2 much more. The C2 is a bit heavier and the flat sides feel a bit more comfortable and secure to grip. I recently got an M2 head and a Detonator extender for my C2 and damn, it's a nice light!
Above the $50 range, I personally want HA. I got the Z2 because my fiance wanted a SF also and I the price I got for the Z2 wasn't that much more than a 6P, and I like the Z2's design much better, so I picked one up. I know you mentioned you want one of these SFs, but there are other very good options available such as the Wolf-Eyes 6MX or 9DX (3cell). These are type-II ano like the Z2. For the price of the C2, you can pick up a W/E M100X 4cell that blows away the C2 in output.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt kind of bad for slamming surefire after my m4 died right after I bought it, so I bought a z2 and a HO bulb for a smaller jacket-pocket carry light. I am very happy. I have never had a c2, but I bought a 6p 10+ years ago. The Z2 is SO light! I love that I can have a light in my pocket that I do not even notice, that puts out about as much light as my sl tl3. Good luck either way.

Jasmes

Enlightened
woodrow said:
I felt kind of bad for slamming surefire after my m4 died right after I bought it, so I bought a z2 and a HO bulb for a smaller jacket-pocket carry light. I am very happy. I have never had a c2, but I bought a 6p 10+ years ago. The Z2 is SO light! I love that I can have a light in my pocket that I do not even notice, that puts out about as much light as my sl tl3. Good luck either way.

Cool, thanks. :)

Latest posts