My "Frankenlight" - world's smallest AA?

randyo

Enlightened
ARC-AA head, Peak Kilmanjaro pocket body, MillerMods conversion to 2-stage 1.5W High x 60ma low level. Stripped the ano with Greased Lightning. Dremel polish job - not bad! I don't think it's physically possible to make a smaller AA luxeon flashlight.
Frankenlight.jpg

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Nice, I'd be more then happy to take it of your hands for a reasonable price.

To bad none if the manufactures will pick this design up. I've tried to tell the ones I know in till I'm blue in the face that this would be a huge hit. But evey time a new product is released it's always to big.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. Nice! I'd like to see a pic compared to a Civictor V1.

randyo

Enlightened
I don't own a Civictor, but there was a thread where I posted photo showing relative sizes of some AA lights. One of them was my Frankenlight prior to the mod and ano stripping, and another was a Fenix L1P. Here's the link:

AA Size Comparison

I don't have any beamshots with the Frankenlight, but I did post beamshots using my other MillerMods 1.5W AA ARC up against some others. It has the same output as the Frankenlight, so the comparisons are valid.

Beamshots

NO WAY I'm selling this gem. However, you can make your own. Get a couple of ARC AA deadheads from Cy (if he still has them at 2 for $20). Order a $5 Peak Kilmanjaro Pocket Body. Send it off to Eric Miller for his mod. Total package would be around $75 to $90 depending on which mod options you selected. You'd have to do your own stripping and polishing unless you like the two-tone green/black HA-III. That would hold up better over the long haul than my bare aluminum light. I plan on keeping it coated with Renaissance Wax to maintain its shine, but it will be very susceptible to nicks and dings, so it will always reside in a pocket with nothing else to scratch it. It's basically a "dress-up" pocket light. I'll carry the HA-III version for more casual and work attire. OH - you'll want to strip the ano before you get the mods performed. Having the head mounted on the body with a rubber gasket keeps the inside dry during the stripping. I didn't want to take a chance on harming the interior chemkote.

Last edited: