Noticeable differences between P61 + P90?

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Hi all. Just wondered if what differences would be noted between the two. Links to beamshots of both would be nice. I am wondering what I need. I had a 6p with a P60, and I loved it, but wanted a bit more throw. I do not want a turbo-head, SL, or M@G. Can I accomplish this with a SF bulb, or go to another maker? I liked the G&P G90 in the fog on the shed. Would a P90 be comparable, or does it focus differently? Thanks for the help.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
P90s and P61s won't throw much more than a normal P60. They tend to give a brighter overall output both in the center hotspot and spill, but because of that, they don't throw considerably farther. If you're looking for throw and want to stick with a SF 2-cell, you'll need a larger head. The lamp won't do it. But it seems you don't want to consider the other options (larger head, SL TL-3, W/E 6MX or 9DX, etc.).

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Will going to G&P LA change anything if I stick with the same bezel diameter? In one post there seemed to be a drastic change in throw between a P60 and a G&P G90. Was that just the way it seemed in the pic?