I don't think that Del Taco made $ on me.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big fan of Del Taco. Their Crispy Fish Burrito is just plain delicious and those crinkle-cut fries are the best but now they're advertising $ .49 tacos.

I just came back from the drive-thru after ordering 3 soft tacos to go. The bag must have weighed half a pound when I opened it. The components of the meal were:

3 Beef tacos filled with the usual goodies
3 Paper wrappers around the tacos
5 Mild sauce packets
17 Napkins (They must have seen me eat before)
1 Large brown bag to carry it all in

The grand total: $1.58 with sales tax. This doesn't cover the labor, store utilities, etc., etc.

Is this the proverbial "loss leader" ?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha. It's always feast or famine when getting take out food. They either give you no napkins/condiments and sometimes not even a straw.

Then other times they give you 2" stack of napkins, and two handfulls of sauce/ketchup.

Chalk it up to in a hurry employees, throwing a handfull too in a hurry to pull out just the right. Or in a hurry and not giving you anything.

I don't know what to think of the tacos wrapped in 3 wrappers though, unless they are all stuck together and wrapped at once.

5 sauce packets isn't a whole lot. I use 6 on one bean burrito at taco bell. A squirt before every bite. I had to go to mild because the hot/fire was hurting my stomach after a while. I still consume a lot of the sauce though. Mmmm!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
:awman: Oh how I miss Del Taco. Taco Bell owns the South and they don't even have a fish burrito, that sounds awesome!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive always wanted to go to taco bell and since I have had my license, I have yet to do it. Man I sure would love to buy some chicken or other non beef tacos about now.

Now sure about the making money stuff. I think their profit comes from the drinks and desserts, at least as it was explained to me. Burgers and fries just break even.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only buy the Fish Taco's, Good stuff!
buttrock.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Wish I could make one more trip to California, just to try that crispy fish burrito! :)

All we have here, in New York, is Taco Bell.

oldgrandpajack

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
OGPJ

Just imagine a large flour tortilla shell filled with 2 large pieces of crispy fried white fish, salsa, lettuce, some mystery (but good) sauce all rolled up. They even include a wedge of lime that you can squeeze onto the burrito.

Just outstanding for about $3. Here's a B&W pic from their website. It's a lot better looking in color:

2nl7dbp.jpg

Last edited: