Flouro to run on 12V...

ayashko

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.
Looking for a compact flouro to take with me when i go on trips on my motorbike. I would like a rugged, efficient, small as possible, and most importantly, output regulated/adjustable (not even sure you can do this with a flourescent light?) light that runs on 12V. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I don't ever remember seeing a dimming flouro...
Anyway, any pointers/help appreciated.
Cheers

ayashko

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'm looking for something with a bit more output - basically I'd like to hang it up somewhere in the middle of my campsite, plug it in to the battery on the bike, and have enough light to cook/eat/get pissed/wander around etc, then take it into the tent, dim it down and use it as a reading light. All the CCFL's I've seen have been too dim for this sort of application.

ayashko

Newly Enlightened
C'mon fellas, flourescent! Someone out there must have some ideas?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flourecents cannot be adjusted variably, you can have two light levels, on and off. :D

You might want to try one of the more compact flourescent rechargeable lanterns, those usually have the ability to run on 12V input as well. If you want something smaller you might want to consider one of the LED versions. However the smaller you go, the lower the light level is probably going to be.