has Surefire ever thought of a possibility that

Illum

Flashaholic
during a night raid having super output surefires like M6 et al on their guns and wearing night vision goggles....kick down the door and get nailed with their own lights having a full size mirror behind the doorway....:awman:

not all houses have the wide foyers once you enter the entrance...some residential buildings have a wall right after the door and a horizontal path that leads into the living rooms. its not that unusual to have a painting or other mirror like surface on the wall...:ohgeez:
500+ lumen light beamed into nightvision goggles = blindness:ohgeez:

anyone think of any way to counter that type of deceptively simple defense as a mirror other than squeezing a couple rounds off at it?:whistle:

I was talking to coldsolderjoint yesterday and he brought up the idea....and since im posting in the off topic area...im sure B@rt....the admins wouldnt have a problem with that right? :sweat: light based, no nudity, no dancing go-go girls,:laughing: no hostile comments towards light companies or users....:touche:

Last edited:

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
I don't think they would use flashlights w/ night vision at the same time. Unless it's an IR illuminator.

But just using a light like the M6 in a dark raid and blasting a yourself from a mirror is something that *could* happen, I guess...

Almost all police warrants are executed during the day. Most jurisdictions would require special permission to execute night entries.

The military would most likely raid places at night, but they would then use NVG...

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the standard-issue military night-vision goggles come with an electronic filter to cancel excessive amounts of light.

-tom

Illum

Flashaholic
well...after shifty646's response it is sorta illogical to wear nightvision and use flashlights...usually the light gives away your position, lets just say the naked eye...

no filtering...plenty of afterimages:grin2::ohgeez:

VWTim

Enlightened
shifty646 said:
I don't think they would use flashlights w/ night vision at the same time. Unless it's an IR illuminator.

But just using a light like the M6 in a dark raid and blasting a yourself from a mirror is something that *could* happen, I guess...

Almost all police warrants are executed during the day. Most jurisdictions would require special permission to execute night entries.

The military would most likely raid places at night, but they would then use NVG...

While not nessesarily night per say. Most of the high risk warrants in our area, that require the SWAT team are usually done at pre dawn hours. 4-6AM which depending on time of year could be dark. I do agree with them not using night vision and bright lights at the same time. Also shows how most weapon mounted lights are in the 60-200 lumen range. For me that's a good tradeoff to keep some night vision.

Illum

Flashaholic
i think any xenon light between 40-65 lumens will be sufficient enough if the owner of the house they entered just awoke from sleeping...dilated pupils...