RCR123's in Inova T3? Please help!!

lukestephens777

Enlightened
Have just purchased an Inova T3 light. Have bought a ten pack of CR123A primaries, however is there a way i can use rechargeable 123's in this light? I have read a lot of posts about RCR123's. But am still confused. I know RCR123's have have a voltage of 4.2 V off the charger but drop to 3.6 V under load. The T3 uses two 123's which are 3.0 V each. If i used two rechargeable's i would have a voltage of 7.2 V under load. Would this ruin the light? Or affect longevity of the LED.

Also i have read about another type of Lithium that has a voltage of 3.6 but drops to 3.2 V under load maybe that would be suitable?

I know this probably all sounds confusing, cause it is!! ha!

If anyone could help me out that would be great, or if anyone knows good quality protected RCR123's and a good charger they could recommend that would be great too!!

Thanks very much

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't use the 3.7v li-ion without making the torch very unhappy. I think i've read of people using the 3.0v li-ion, but may be misremembering.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used 3.0V RCR's from Batteryjunction for a long time in my Inova T3 and T1 for a while now with no problems. Some protected batteries don't fit, but the Tenergy batteries I have do fit.
I have also heard that Inova's don't like higher voltage.

Delvance

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure a member fried is X0/tiros with two normal li-ions (not the 3.0V under load ones). The circuitry inside the X0 and the X03 should be very similar so i probably wouldn't risk it. I've lit up my T3 on ONE normal li-ion however. Two of the 3.0V under load li-ions would be fine.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the time that you get through with getting a T3 and say a Tenergy RCR123 battery/charger combo, you're just a few dollars away from price of a T4. If you want a rechargeable light, you'd probably be better served returning the T3 and getting a T4. For the few extra dollars you'll get a light that is intended to be used with rechargeable batteries, about twice the run time that you would get from the Tenergy batteries, and best of all, you don't have to keep removing the batteries from the light to charge them.

lukestephens777 said:
If anyone could help me out that would be great, or if anyone knows good quality protected RCR123's and a good charger they could recommend that would be great too!!

Thanks very much

Anders

Enlightened
I did my T3 body wider with sandpaper mounted on a rod, took me about one hour, then it was settled to work with AW:s protected 17670.

Anders