Multi Level CR123 or CR2 Lights?

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
I have lurked around for a bit after hearing about the Arc and the HDS EDC on other boards. I read in one thread that there were a number of FluPIC lights. I was wondering about other multi-level cr123 or cr2 lights, but have only found a few - all of which were fairly custom lights. Are there many manufactured, multi-level mini lights out there? Or is my best bet just to mod something myself, or go with pre modded custom light like a Jil?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most popular multilevel are Nuawia Q3 flupic cr123, a fairly easy to mod light.I just added flupic to a ultrafire 602a(AA light now uses a 14500 LI on battery. Flupic needs Li on battery to work) Other multi level lights are Jet I MKIIAA, Chamelion cr123, Mclux PD cr123, Jil cr2, Fenix t series AA are 2 stage as well as lightflux AA.
Those are some I can think of off the top of my head.

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
If you look on the manufacturers' forum you'll see a new player called Lumapower who makes a 2 level light (1 or 2AA or CR2).

I feel contractually obliged to mention the Orb RAW & RAW NS which offer 2 levels and are made much closer to me than any other lights on your list.

If you don't mind something a bit larger you can get a VB-16 (2 CR123) from the dealers' forum (wits end & waion selling them).

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
Part of my investigation is personal, and part is for family gifts. I know I am partial to clickies, but have a question about that. What exactly is a "tactical pushbutton"? (do any led's have the necessary lum's to be an actual tactical light?).

I know I mentioned flupic, but was not aware (or forgot) that it was not compatable with trow away batteries. For gifts I suspect throw away batteries will probably be better recieved. Any other sandwitch recomendations?

Anyway, thanks again for the replies so far, and sorry about any misused terms.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "tactical pushbutton" would be another term for a clicky switch on the tail of the light. Usually, it is accepted on CPF that the "tactical" clicky is a "normal" clicky, or one that operates as a momentary switch from the off position. In other words, if the switch is off, one could tap on the switch to light the light momentarily without fully switching it on.

A reverse clicky is the opposite. It will momentarily turn the light off from the "switched on" position. It can not momentarily turn on the light from the off position.

Geez, I hope that makes sense....

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
LumenHound said:
One of Goldserve's Fenix sized (0.6 inches/15.24mm) FLuPIC boards is an easy drop-in mod for Dae's $25.99 delivery included SmartFire CR2 flashlight. Out with the stock regulator board and in with the FLuPIC. Only 2 wires to solder.
AW's protected rechareable CR2 cells fit this flashlight perfectly.

This flashlight is only 2¼ inches long.

It is hard not to like the price of these, but alas, I am confused. How does a FluPic board work with a twist on/off switch? This confusions is the underlieing problem with a bunch of the Jil clones for me.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twist on, get level 1
Twist off within .8 ~ 1.2 sec (whatever that Flupic is set to), goes off.
Twist on again, get level 2
Twist off again within set time to continue up levels/modes
Leave on for set time at any level, see flicker telling you level is reset to come on at level 1 next time.

I have a FluPic in a Jil and a FireFly.

mousehunter said:
It is hard not to like the price of these, but alas, I am confused. How does a FluPic board work with a twist on/off switch? This confusions is the underlieing problem with a bunch of the Jil clones for me.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FLuPIC works by turning the light on, then back off really quick. The delay is I think .8 seconds; longer than that and the light blinks and is set at that level/mode until turned off again and the process starts over. Changing levels or modes is acheived by turning it on and off multiple times. For example, if you want level 3, you turn it on, then off within .8 seconds, on again, then off again within .8 seconds, then on again and leave it on. It's easier with a clicky (either kind), but it works the same with a twisty.

Oops, blindasabat beat me to it.

I too have a FLuPIC in a Jil (Intelli) and a Fire~Fly III, as well as a Ti Exolion. The Exolion and Jil have a U bin sandwich with a custom interface.

Last edited:

mousehunter

Newly Enlightened
tactical twist?

I read on another tread about a "tactical twisty". I am assuming this is a twist on/off with a momentary switch. It sounds pretty much exactly what my Innova T5 has (the closest I have to a current edc).

Do any of the multi level single cr123 or cr2 have a simular switch system?. Does anyone make a mod endcap to duplicate this? I know I use the momentary switch a ton more than the full on twist.

Thanks for info on the FluPic.