Mr. "Tri-X"

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my Mr. Tri-X, a Tri-X-bin Magmod. It uses a high voltage nFlex driver, and 6x 17670 for power. Very bright and very white for XX1S!! This mod was done by Icarus (Freddy), who, as usual, did an absolutely fantastic job. Thanks Freddy! :goodjob:

tlv1.jpg

tlv2.jpg

tlv3.jpg

Glow powder around the reflector
tlv4.jpg

Beamshot comparison: (1/25 sec, F8, approx. 2m to door)
1. HD45 X-bin on high
hd45xbin.jpg

2. Mr. Tri-X at 1A
tlvxbin.jpg

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a beautiful light. Freddy does such great work, and it looks as those GregW has put together some great parts. Does the nFlex give you multiple light levels? And have you tested runtime? And can you estimate total lumens? Is that 1 amp per Luxeon? How is the heat managed?

It's hard for me to imagine a better light. Congratulations, GregW.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Josey said:
What a beautiful light. Freddy does such great work, and it looks as those GregW has put together some great parts. Does the nFlex give you multiple light levels? And have you tested runtime? And can you estimate total lumens? Is that 1 amp per Luxeon? How is the heat managed?

It's hard for me to imagine a better light. Congratulations, GregW.

The nFlex gives 5 selectable output levels, as well as 4 settings for the maximum current levels. You can read more about it at Taskled. I have not tested runtime, simply because the Magmod head/body is not capable of providing enough heat sinking for 3x LuxV. This light at 1A is strictly for intermittant use only... That said, however, I did measure the current when it is turned on at 1A to the emitters, and it was only drawing 0.78A from the batteries.. Theoretically, this would mean that the battery pack should be able to drive it a Max for about 1.5 hours.

X-bin lumen range is between 192 to 249.6 lumens... If we assume that all three X-bins are in the middle of the range, then the output at the emitter should be at least 600 lumens.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations to this nice light gregw:rock:

Really great and very nice looking light, great work from Freddy:twothumbs...:clap:...:goodjob:

Best regards

_____
Tom

marxs

Enlightened
that is hands down one of the most beautiful lights i have ever seen, even the body was beautifully made!

:bow::bow::bow:

any outdoor beamshots of this beauty?

mark

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting my latest mod Greg as it is a bit difficult for me now.

Nice pictures and with KIU's bezel it really looks great! :clap: … :twothumbs

Hope to make a post about my TL5 mod's within a couple of days… :)

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oke, I admit, this beats my Tri-Lux fair and square :D

VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the compliment guys.. :)

Although it was quite a long build due to the time in getting all the parts together, I'm really very happy at how nice it turned out to be. :grin2: My deepest gratitude goes to Freddy for his fantastic workmanship. :bow:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
VERY NICE! its nice to see excellent WORTHY work done w/ those x-bins... :rock:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greg, wow and WOW and WOW!:drool: I have an Icarus A3 TriLux and the man is a true artist! A truly beautiful light you have!:thumbsup:

My address to send this light to me is:

One.. One.. Two.. Two.. Boogie.. Boogie.. Avenue

:wave: :wave: :twothumbs :twothumbs :rock: :rock: :whistle: :buddies: