What did I find here guys?

big mike 27

Newly Enlightened
Someone forwarded me to your site here.

What do I have my hands on here? What's it worth?

481z5fr.jpg

499q3xz.jpg

47xry4p.jpg

Documentation tells me its a 6 million CP Israeli military-grade (Actually in research I don't think this was ever available to the public) laser-powered variable beam kit. I have appropriate papers for it to prove its legal and not stolen, etc.

I picked it up for next to nothing from someone who literally didn't know what was inside (Yard sale, locked case, cut the locks and voila!).

Any insight to worth or history or anything like that is appreciated. Appears to be from 1997.

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
I'd say expect an unmarked black helicopter in whisper mode over your house any time now.

big mike 27

Newly Enlightened
spacetroll said:
I'd say expect an unmarked black helicopter in whisper mode over your house any time now.
It had all documentation inside. I've checked some of it in depth and its legal for me to obtain. Aim it at an airplane and I'll go to federal prison I'm sure, but sitting in my living room it isn't breaking any laws. USAF sold it to a private company, sold it to an individual, sold it to me.

big mike 27

Newly Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
what kind of batteries does it take? can you see the beam?is it bright?
I played with it too much, it's dying now. Its the brightest light I've ever seen in my life. It hit clouds overhead pretty easily, and reached trees with little effort hundreds of yards away.

It has a battery pack with it.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
big mike 27 said:
I played with it too much, it's dying now. Its the brightest light I've ever seen in my life. It hit clouds overhead pretty easily, and reached trees with little effort hundreds of yards away.

It has a battery pack with it.
WOW! i want one. i was wathing future weapons and they did a less than leathal episode they looked at sound machine and others and they menchined really bright lights. so my guess is that it is a spotlight or a less than leathal wepon. maybe for blinding people or dissorentate them. how are you going to charge the battery? i would hold on to the thing but if you ever decide to sell it pm me.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it's a marker laser for airstrikes??? Those would be IR, I would think.........

big mike 27

Newly Enlightened
shifty646 said:
Maybe it's a marker laser for airstrikes??? Those would be IR, I would think.........
It has an IR lens cover which I would assume works just as well. I don't have NV goggles to see IR :D

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
big mike 27 said:
It has an IR lens cover which I would assume works just as well. I don't have NV goggles to see IR :D
Gotta be careful what you shine it at, then!!

Next thing you know.... your neighbours house is turned into a crater!! :p

Monolith

Enlightened
Brief search shows it as a non-lethal weapon with some type of strobing capability. Looks like it was discontinued some years back.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
shifty646 said:
Gotta be careful what you shine it at, then!!

Next thing you know.... your neighbours house is turned into a crater!! :p
Maybe you can change all the tv channels on everyone's television in the city at once with the IR? :ohgeez:

Oh and BTW - :paypal:

Last edited:

flame2000

Enlightened
Looks like a laser range finder to me. Maybe used by the military to gauge the targetting range......:naughty:

Upon closer look, I see the word "search light" on it......

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it an HDS U1000XRGTLR?

I got the same as Monolith.

"SET BEAM HIGH INTENSITY HAND-HELD SEARCHLIGHT SYSTEM - A NONLETHAL WEAPON which generates six million candles of light power with an effective range at high strobing level of 100 yards."

sew-lexicon

More detail on the specs might help researching it. Interesting.

big mike 27

Newly Enlightened
Icebreak said:
Is it an HDS U1000XRGTLR?

I got the same as Monolith.

"SET BEAM HIGH INTENSITY HAND-HELD SEARCHLIGHT SYSTEM - A NONLETHAL WEAPON which generates six million candles of light power with an effective range at high strobing level of 100 yards."

sew-lexicon

More detail on the specs might help researching it. Interesting.
Please keep looking i appreciate it!