Longest throw

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
Hello everyone! Does anybody here have an idea of which HID light that has longest throw? The Costco-Or maybe the AE Powerlight 24W- Any comments?

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
well, excluding the tanklights, and RA's Maxablaster, I would say go with the costco HID. this light is ALL about the throw. I have easily lit up boats and treelines over 3/4 mile away, possibley more. The amondotech 3152 is also an amazing thrower, especially considering its smaller reflector.

billhess

Newly Enlightened
FILA BRAZILIA said:
Interesting to hear, billhess. Are you satisfied with your Costco?

not really it's too big and not really a flashlight. it's just a big joke when you get it out. I use the ae 24 much more

blahblahblah

Enlightened
I really like the Costco for throw, but it's HUGE. The HUGE reflector is what allows it to throw. Only high $$$ lights will out throw it. The Megaray is one light that will spank the Costco, but you got to bend over an be ready for a spanking when it comes time to pay the bill.

Here's one thread to get you started on the hunt of info:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133415

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
blahblahblah said:
I really like the Costco for throw, but it's HUGE. The HUGE reflector is what allows it to throw. Only high $$$ lights will out throw it. The Megaray is one light that will spank the Costco, but you got to bend over an be ready for a spanking when it comes time to pay the bill.

Here's one thread to get you started on the hunt of info:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133415

Ha Ha Ha! :dedhorse:

Also the megaray lights stuff up so far away, with such a narrowly confined beam cone, I would assume that you need night binoculars/scope to have it be of any practical use.