Maxpedition - Bags and Packs

Thread: Stock 6D Mag: Brightest bulb?

Down the street from Cree HQ in Durham, NC

Help Stock 6D Mag: Brightest bulb?

I just ordered a 6 D cell mag today and a new lens. Eventually, It will "roar like a pelican". But for the near future (couple of weeks) I'm wondering what is the brightest bulb I can use without changing the reflector. I'll be using 6 D cell alkies.

Thanks
    My favorite flashohol suppliers are: AW, FiveMega, NailBender, MalkoffDevices, 4Sevens, GoingGear, BatteryStation, EDCplus, SBflashlights, TacticalSupply, LightHound, and Action-Lights.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Stock 6D Mag: Brightest bulb?

I believe the Mag-num star would be the brightest drop in that won't pose any risk to the reflector.

the xenon is a good optoon...slightly reduced runtime I believe....i havent burned out a set of Ds yet...

um...there is the LED approach...theres a diamond Lux V Fraen retrofit that costs $50 for Mag6Ds...if you want that approach, i say stick with the magnum-star xenon...availiable in just about any hardware store....havent seem in walmart or target [that or im not looking hard enough]

Down the street from Cree HQ in Durham, NC

Regarding the xenon, can I push a 5 cell bulb or should I stay with the 6 cell bulb?

Thanks
    My favorite flashohol suppliers are: AW, FiveMega, NailBender, MalkoffDevices, 4Sevens, GoingGear, BatteryStation, EDCplus, SBflashlights, TacticalSupply, LightHound, and Action-Lights.

Flashaholic*

If you're going to use 6 alkalines, stay with the 6 cell Xenon bulb.

Carley 1499 special production halogen gas fill PR base w/ frosted glass is a humdinger for a stock 6D. litho123 group buy.
    The oldtimers are forever bound to the universe of flashlights. They reside just above the torch lit stratosphere where the good photons pass by. As these oldtimers locomote on their appointed ways, occasionally an unusual glimmer from below catches their attention.

They may give a nod or a word.