DSD Charger work with Pila?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

I may just be battery paranoid due to the issues we've seen but, will the DSD from Lighthound work with Pila? (I have 4 600s's)

Thank You!

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the DSD charger will work with Pilas, though since the Pila is a bit long it is a slightly tight fit. Keep in mind that the DSD charges larger cells rather slowly. In any event, the protection circuit in a Pila prevents over-discharge and over-charge so the cell can be charged in almost any Li-ion charger you can connect it to or put it in.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old Pila charger would take them up to 4.25 - 4.27 volts before the protection circuit would kick in. Thats a bit high for long life, though it does give that extra bit of capacity.

The DSD charger will give the cells a longer lifetime.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've standardized on 168x and 150x Pila and Wolf Eyes cells. Just last night, I threw out my DSD charger. At 67.8mm, 168 cells are such a tight fit, I felt they'd squish. I needed a screwdriver to pry them out of the DSD. As for the 150 cells (300 Pilas), you can't adjust the depth of the DSD spacers. At least with a Wolf Eyes/Pila charger, you can thread the spacers in or out to accommodate cells of slightly different length.