Leadlight on/off switch

biscuitbarrel

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if it is possible to modify a Leadlight to use an on/off switch instead of the built-in momentary switch?

biscuitbarrel

Newly Enlightened
That will probably work as long as it fits the Leadlight.

I've also seen cheap red lasers with end caps with on/off clickable switches. I could scavenge one of those switches as long as I knew it would fit. Do you know if these things have a universal diameter and thread size?

Corona

Enlightened
Get a tight-fitting rubber O-ring and slip it over the laser's barrel. Simply slide it over the switch button for a constant ON. This is how some shady eBay sellers can claim a "constant ON" feature...

Anyway, there are no drop-in replacement (for these little switches) that provide a latching ON-OFF function; the way this is accomplished in the pointers that actually have this ability (without an O-ring) is by use of electronic means in the driver board.

anthroPelexis

Newly Enlightened
i dont think you would want a constant on feature with these pen lasers, the heat builds up too fast. like the post above, that is a good way.

biscuitbarrel

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll try the o-ring or zip tie with a remote pressure switch from Atlas Nova. I just hate to spend the $11 and have the threads not match.

abeland1

Enlightened
biscuitbarrel said:
I think I'll try the o-ring or zip tie with a remote pressure switch from Atlas Nova. I just hate to spend the $11 and have the threads not match.

Please send me an e-mail with your name and address. I will send you a spare end cap from one of my Atlasnova CPF specials. If it fits your pointer, then the remote switch should work.