Cancer Fundraiser

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
There is a benefit for the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation coming up November 4 in Nashville Tn.

Its free to get in and all donations go directly to the foundation. All of us with the driving academy are donating our time, cars, and fuel to make it a fun event for those that dare get in and ride with us. ;) You will be able to (for a fee) get 2 hrs of on track instruction using your car and/or 4 lap fun rides in ours.

Date - 11/4/2006 Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation at Nashville Superspeedway Lebanon, TN

This is an event sponsored by Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation open to all makes and models of cars. There will be a driving academy, Safe Driving Academy, motorcycle clinic, celebrity ride-alongs, and a concert. For more information and to register, contact the Minnie Pearl Foundation at 615-467-1936 or e-mail [email protected]. http://www.minniepearl.org/home.html

You can read more about the driving academy here:
www.minidriving.com

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chris, what is so great about those Mini Coopers? I see them around a lot here, and they were in "the Italian Job", and they have a high resale value, aside from that I don't know about them-- are they the best, or what?

good luck with the benefit for the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation coming up November 4 in Nashville Tn.

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
TedTheLed said:
Hey Chris, what is so great about those Mini Coopers? I see them around a lot here, and they were in "the Italian Job", and they have a high resale value, aside from that I don't know about them-- are they the best, or what?

good luck with the benefit for the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation coming up November 4 in Nashville Tn.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to see lots of people there.

Well, Minis seem to have the cute factor down, that is a given.

What I can say about driving them is they are SO fun to drive hard. Ultimate performance?? Not quite but man they have just the right balance of visibility, power, and tossability.

They have a good amount of room on the inside to boot.

I would say the bigest negative is that dealers are few and far between.

Now for the rest of the answer.. Buying one of these cars is more like joining a club than just buying a car. I know lots of Mini owners and they are borderline rabid over these things. You would have to fall into a group of these folks to really understand what I'm talking about. This in no way makes them bad people. Quite the opposite actually. I can't believe I've actually been able to resist buying one myself. :D

Chris