will surefire replace laser products stuff? UPDATE..

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all

i have a problem today while admiring my hurricane 12b battery pack i noticed that two latches with the two notches on it(if you have one you will know what i am talking about)has a crack on bouth of them. i am afraid that one day it will totally break of so my question is will surefire replace it or do i just keep it i dont know if they will replace it becuase i know it is old cuase it says laser product on the bottom of it i am the second owner of it but i do not think it was the previos owners fault but i do not think i did anything to it. Has any other did this? but my main question is will surefire replace old or dicontinued merchindice?

thanks for your time guys

have a great day

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: will surefire replace laser products stuff?

My guess would be that they couldn't replace it, as SF doesn't have any replacements to swap out.

Can't hurt to call them.

-dan

Topper

Flashaholic*

Sorry to say but I am fairly sure those are discontinued so I doubt they could replace it if they wanted to.
Topper :) Oops I type to slow dano beat me to it.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

so does surefire not warranty discontuined stuff? the cracks are not bad they are just somthing i noticed and are now woried about and it does not affect the performance.

Size15's

Flashaholic

If it breaks they'll fix it. If it can't be fixed, they'll replace it. If it can't be replaced... I don't know... With the 12B there is no 'current' version. I doubt they keep stock. They may be able to find one. I don't know... I'd Likely apologise and offer some free SF123As and a couple of SC Spares Carriers.

Somethings can not be replaced...
P171.jpg

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks Al

thats the thing though if i send it to them and it can be replaced fine but if it cant be i dont want them just to throw it out because i paid good money for it. im kind of in a pickle i dont know what to do cuz i like it more than the spares carrier, and there kind of hard to find. What should i do guys? send it back or keep it?

thanks again for all the great advice

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

First I'd contact SF to see what they can do...

If they can replace it with a new old stock item or something like that, send it in. If they can't replace it, just keep it for your collection and buy a Pelican 1010 with battery foam insert as a daily use sparescarrier...

Illum

Flashaholic

Probably a gift certificate....

its a shame they discontinued the battery boxes though:awman:, i was just thinking of buying one then :poof: that page just disappeared from Surefire's URL...:poof: from my radar screen.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

:mad::rant:so i called surefire today and they said that they woulnd not warranty it becuase they no longer made them boy was i mad.:mad::xyxgun: The funny part is that they told me to come here to look for a replacement but i paid quet a bit for it and dont really think i should have to pay for somthing that is suposed to be under warranty. i know surefire has a great warranty but man this really dissapionts me. looks like i might put it up for sell know:mad::mad::mad:

Size15's

Flashaholic
So the 12B can not be repaired and there is no stock at SureFire to replace damaged ones because it has been discontinued for a long time.

Just so I follow correctly; they did not offer you anything as a modern-day replacement for it if you were to arrange to send it back to them?

There was a time I really liked 12B's - that time was when it was the most cost effective means of getting hold of 123A batteries (DL123A batteries as was back then). Otherwise it served no real purpose since it wasn't watertight in the slightest and it doesn't stack very well... It was designed and intended as a means of getting DL123A batteries as cost effectively as possible. SureFire's customers no longer needed to use the 12B once the SF123A battery was released...

Al

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
Just so I follow correctly; they did not offer you anything as a modern-day replacement for it if you were to arrange to send it back to them?
you are correct they did not offer me anything as a replacmentbecuase they said it was dicontinued so they did not warrant it. I personaly liked it becuase it looked half way good.on the other hand it it isnt water proof but thats ok.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, just to be clear, the Surefire warranty only lasts as long as the item in question is still in production? How long is that, usually?

rycen

Enlightened
Size15's said:
There was a time I really liked 12B's - that time was when it was the most cost effective means of getting hold of 123A batteries (DL123A batteries as was back then). Otherwise it served no real purpose since it wasn't watertight in the slightest and it doesn't stack very well... It was designed and intended as a means of getting DL123A batteries as cost effectively as possible. SureFire's customers no longer needed to use the 12B once the SF123A battery was released...

Al

I think some people are missing the point of whay Al said.When they were released surefire had to come up with a way to sell Duracell without really directly selling as to not undercut duracell dealers.

amlim

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
So, just to be clear, the Surefire warranty only lasts as long as the item in question is still in production? How long is that, usually?

yikes... that means my 6z has no warranty? :huh:

al, what do you think?

Size15's

Flashaholic
TigerhawkT3 said:
amlim said:
yikes... that means my 6z has no warranty? :huh:
al, what do you think?

It's not that simple and there is an important difference worth noting.

The 6Z was superseded. The 6Z was replaced by the Z2. Additionally, if any component of the 6Z specifically requires replacement there is parts interchangeability with current models. The Lamp Assembly (P60) is the same. The TailCap is currently the Z41 LOTC although SureFire likely have non-LOTC in stock for those who use the Sxx tape pressure switch still.
The bezel is currently the Z44 with it's hexagonal anti-roll styling and Pyrex window although SureFire likely have stock of the Z17 Lexan Lens (window) replacement kit if that's all that is damaged.
The body can be replaced by the current Z2 body.

This is the case of most SureFire products - they have either been superseded or there is currently a similar model that can be offered as a replacement.

Much of SureFire's 'Classic' range is supported because it supports it's 'Classic' WeaponLight range for example. The 3V R30 Lamp Assembly is used by lots of old handgun WeaponLights and so users of the discontinued 3P can get replacements even though the 3P was replaced by the E1 and now the E1e.

The 12B is one of the exceptions where there is no current version, nor a similar product. There aren't very many similar exceptions. The "T" Series and T-62 TurboHeads (including the N62 lamp assembly I believe) have no direct replacement although there are modern versions. To purists they have no current equal.

Al