Illuminator 35W

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I just got my amondotech illuminator today and this thing rocks. Much,much smaller than a Thor 15M and brighter. A couple of questions, why are we not able to run the light with the charger plugged in? The light will still turn on, but will it overload the charger(AC)? The DC charger shouldn't overload if this is the case, or is it overloading the charging circuit in the light? Also is it possible to remove the insulation from the wire that runs outside the bulb, this would greatly reduce the dark spot at 12 'oclock.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dark spot is caused by the electrode next to the bulb and you Do Not want to mess with that. Some electrodes have insulation and some do not with different bulbs of different lights. I have used lights with both and the dark wedge is always about the same.
Regarding running the light when it is plugged in-
To AC-
It will overload the charger because it supplies less amps then the light draws.
I think I said that right.

To DC-
Technically it can for a short period. I mentioned it somewhere in the original Illuminator announcement thread. The official word from the manufacturer is that the Illuminator was never designed to run from DC and it would have had to re-work the insides of the light to make that an option.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave: