BlackShadow

Thread: Sanyo 2700Mah or Powerex 2700Mah AA Batteries

Flashaholic

Default Sanyo 2700Mah or Powerex 2700Mah AA Batteries

Tom(Silverfox)
    Have you tested the Powerex 2700Mah AA batteries yet and how do they compare to the Sanyo 2700Mah? Also if you accidently leave AA batteries in a flashlight until it goes out will the batteries be any good anymore or is there something you can do to recover them? Thank you.
    Dan

Silver Moderator

Default Re: Sanyo 2700Mah or Powerex 2700Mah AA Batteries

Hello Dan,

I have not had a chance to test the Powerex 2700 cells. I am in the middle of some cycle testing and developing the B90 NiMh replacement pack.

If your batteries do not take a reverse charge, and if you don't leave them empty for an extended period of time, they should come back fine. A forming charge of 0.1C for 16 hours is the best bet for reversing cell damage. If that doesn't work you can try a few charge/discharge cycles.

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

I have three out of four Sanyo 2500mAh cells that are self discharging VERY FAST. I believe it's about three times that a single cell reached an open circuit voltage of 0.00V or there about during use. It's very likely that the three cells that are giving trouble now are the ones that were discharged way too much. (Or maybe I just recieved a crappy batch.)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by eebowler
    I have three out of four Sanyo 2500mAh cells that are self discharging VERY FAST. I believe it's about three times that a single cell reached an open circuit voltage of 0.00V or there about during use. It's very likely that the three cells that are giving trouble now are the ones that were discharged way too much. (Or maybe I just recieved a crappy batch.)
    Funny as there is a thread about fast self discharging rates using Energizer 2500mAh cells!
    Bill

I'm a retired mechanic not a electronic/electrical engineer!

Flashaholic*

I tested my Powerex 2700mAH AA batteries this week (see seperate post) From what I gather, the Sanyo and Powerex are the same batteries and give very impressive results. I get 2619mAH to 2673mAH on a Cadex battery analyzer with a sample size of twelve batteries. On the BC900, I get 2810 to 2910mAH in test mode.

Not sure how the Sanyos do but they are the same batteries so you should get similar results.
    Peak Pacific AAA UP brass (EDC) E01 (keys), Peaks, Arcs, Fenix, Q5 Aspheric HA-III Mag etc.

They cost about the same as Thomas-Dist