Banggood Network
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Exclamation B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

So here is the new fee structure. I will be implimenting it tomorrow... Tuesday, 10/10/06... most likely in the morning.

Going with the current Supporter structure...

$2.50 = Basic Supporter........ 30 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums

$5.00 = Basic Supporter........ 30 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 25 additional PM's.

$10.00 = Silver Supporter........ 30 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 25 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 524,288 bytes (1/2 a megabyte).

$15.00 = Silver Supporter........ 60 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 25 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 524,288 bytes (1/2 a megabyte).

$25.00 = Gold Supporter........ 60 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 75 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 1 megabyte.

$50.00 = Gold Supporter........ 120 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 75 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 1 megabytes.

$75.00 = Diamond Supporter........ 120 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 100 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 2 megabytes.

$100.00 = Diamond Supporter........180 days of unlimited sales in the Lights and Non~Lights Sell Forums + 100 additional PM's + can upload attachments up to a total of 2 megabytes.

These fees will apply to the SELL forums of the Lights and Non~Lights forums of the B/S/T forums ONLY! This means that you must buy a subscription in order to start a new sales thread in those forums. A subscription will not be necessary in order to post to an existing thread in those forums. Starting new threads in the Buy and Trade forums will still remain free... no subscription needed.

The threads that you start while you have an active subscription will not "go away" or be shut down once your subscription expires. Yes, you can keep it open and continue any ongoing sales of the original item listed for sale. NO, you may not add additional items to an existing thread once your subscription has expired! If we see this happening, you will be warned... then banned if you continue to violate the policies.

At this time, there is no minimum or maximum post limit to purchase a subscription. I'm working on that.... basically weighing if I want to get into that or not.

And once again... as far as this being about money... it is not. The intent of these fees is not for me to line my pockets. My intent has been stated. However, it seems that some of you would feel better if I *DID* intend to line my pockets with this... .... So.... just for you guys... I'm going to start taking a monthly salary from CPF. And as it is a salary, it is none of your business how much it is or what I plan on using it for.

And that's it!

Default Re: B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

I like it!

One "dumb" question, what are attachments?
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Thanks, Sasha.

Now...on with the rest of our eclectic lives!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s works of art; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ....and *several* of Don`s mods, Ti`s and McLux masterpieces.

I like it too.

I would guess that the attachments means no more hosting your photos elsewhere, should make things easier for many people as you can simply attached the images directly from your computer to the CPF site.

Regards
    Dave

Flashaholic*

Alright, i'll ask:

Is any of the additional income, minus your new monthly salary, going to be earmarked for future hardware upgrades?

I don't have a problem eitherway, i'm just asking. Innocently.

EDIT: Thanks for making the subscription last a month. That's pretty nice.

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Quote Originally Posted by havand
    Alright, i'll ask:

Is any of the additional income, minus your new monthly salary, going to be earmarked for future hardware upgrades?
    Yes. Already done and in the works.

Still digesting the new rules , but in the meantime:

What happens with the extra PMs if the subscription is not renewed?

100% Agree on the salary, every job deserves it. Can we expect that you will work towards improving CPF downtimes and slowlyness?

Lets hope this change is for the best.

Pablo

Flashaholic*

Thumbs up Re: B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

Hey, it works for me. I just wish I could bring it upon myself to sell something though. I never let go of nuttin' LOL
    Good job Sasha. I think it just might work!
    Ask not what Flashoholics can do for you, but what can you do for Flashoholics

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

What happens with the extra PMs if the subscription is not renewed?
    Default settings of 100 PM's. So if you have more than that, you will be "Full" and have to weed them out.

I like this structure, Sasha...and it seems like it will be less hassle/work for members as well as for yourself. Win-win, in my book.

Just make sure that salary includes a shoe stipend...

Ok, this is probably a really stupid question. The previous B/S/T Fees threads seems pretty longs and repetative, so I didn't really read them, and so, haven't really found out if there were any new developments. Anyway, what I had previously understood was that the B/S/T Fees were going to be separate from the CPF Support donations (that come with icons). This post makes it look like they will be combined, which would be great. So?
    Last edited by Trashman; 10-09-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Flashaholic

I'm going to make one of those wonderful assumption things...

Will this all be posted in the paid subscriptions portion of the User CP when it goes into effect tomorrow? That way users don't have to keep referring back to this thread?

Also, I'm glad to see things look to be worked out.

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

This post makes it look like they will be combined, which would be great. So?
    Yes.

Will this all be posted in the paid subscriptions portion of the User CP when it goes into effect tomorrow?
    Yes.

*Flashaholic*

why don't you make diamond suporter $100 for a year? so we can send PP and be done.

there needs to be a way for folks that want to pay for a year to avoid hassles of renewing all the time. this would generate way more funds than tiny amounts a time. don't forget there is a cost related to every transaction. chasing down details for a $2.50 entry could cost more than original transaction.

totally agree that folks who benifit from B/S/T should pay their way.
    but sure wish there was a way to reward folks who have spent a LOT of time posting technical articles that benifit all.

there are a ton of folks who freely sell small items pretty much gratis on cpf. for those folks even $2.50 will eliminate those cpf goodies.

there's too many folks registering just to sell. for those folks $2.50 is way too low. it should be more like $25. sure wish there was a way to to charge those folks $25 for 1st 90 days, then go down to $2.50.

again I totally suport the idea of fee's for B/S/T forum. the devil is in the details! you've shown an open mind on new ideas. sure hope this fee schedule is open to improvements.

simple is good! you've got way too many options listed. sure glad I'm not the one to carry this out.

Enlightened

Smile Re: B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

Does the Supporting Dealer subscription cover any personal sales in the B/S/T ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead

One "dumb" question, what are attachments?

I am going to second ( maybe third ) that - what are attachments in the context of CPF?

(not bad this time - only 7 server busy screens.)

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Does the Supporting Dealer subscription cover any personal sales in the B/S/T ?
    Not at this time.

I am going to second ( maybe third ) that - what are attachments in the context of CPF?
    See post #4 above.

cy... thank you for your suggestions. And I can and do appreciate your reasoning... but at this time, the structure is going to stay as is posted above.

Post number 4 states that it is a guess, not a fact. Also, I just took a look at my online photo album, most of my .JPG files are larger than 1/2 meg. Is CPF still going to allow links to photobucket and other similar sites?

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Is CPF still going to allow links to photobucket and other similar sites?
    Yes.

There will be a size limit to the attachments. If maxed out, 1/2 meg should get you somewhere around 25 jpgs. There will also be the option for thumbnails that will link to a larger image.

What hardware is CPF running on now and what upgrades will the additional funds pay for?

*Flashaholic*

don't see this has anything to do what you are requesting.

reasons for this action has been stated several times, that I can see.

I totally agree, sellers that benifit should pay some type of fees. what I don't agree with is how this is being implemented.

why re-invent the wheel? there are several successful models on the web. blade forum's method comes to mind first. correct me if I'm wrong. they just have one tier, one price for a year. don't think you even get to have any PM's unless you upgrade.

don't get me wrong, one tier is not enough, but having 9 options is too many.

there is another by product of paying fee's which is to prove someone has a paypal or credit card. in my book this improves odds of not getting burnt on a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by enLIGHTenment
    What hardware is CPF running on now and what upgrades will the additional funds pay for?

Flashaholic*

So each time you renew your monthly subscription you add more selling time?

Example

$25.00 = Gold Supporter........ 60 days of unlimited sales

Lets say that I've been a good little CPFer and renew a gold supporter subscription every month.

The first three months I post nothing so I should have accumulated 180 days worth of selling right? If something happens and I canít renew, how long will I have the 180 day credit?

I like the revised fee structure.

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Leb... uh... no... not quite. This isn't like your cell phone... you don't get to rollover your minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha
    Yes.

There will be a size limit to the attachments. If maxed out, 1/2 meg should get you somewhere around 25 jpgs. There will also be the option for thumbnails that will link to a larger image.

I have not used attachments here at CPF. Can someone explain to me what they are. Some of my non selling posts have pictures, are these counted? Using the 25 number above - If I go to post something with my 10 pictures explaining how do a mod to flashlight switch and the resulting 15 beam shots. Does that mean I have used up my allotment of 25 .JPGs?

This is good as it is KISS and fair. IMHO.

So ... when I get 60 days of sales for a silver supporter but do not renew my supporter icon after 30 days I will have no icon but can still sell? Or will the new icons last longer than the older ones?

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Sasha, I don't envy you having to deal with all these questions and reactions.

I just spent the better part of an hour reading those other two threads that are locked, and they made me depressed, sad, and now my eyes are bleeding on top of it.

It would be great if you squirreled them away somewhere (or delete them) since they are no longer relevant to your decisions in this thread.

For the record, I don't care about any of that selling or fees stuff, as I only keep buying stuff, and am a habitual collector. So do what you need to do and get this all behind us. I don't want to go to a bunch of other forums. I like it here.

Peace

The fees have evolved beyond the B/S/T

case in point - you want more than 100 PMs - you have to buy the additional numbers month to month. This really is not too bad, just keep after the PMs and delete then as we all have been doing all along.

I have some concerns about the attachments, I do not know what the implications of that are. Before I start to make some really bad guesses, I would like clarificaction of that.

the following is from Kiessling - he makes a good point.

So ... when I get 60 days of sales for a silver supporter but do not renew my supporter icon after 30 days I will have no icon but can still sell? Or will the new icons last longer than the older ones?

bernie
    Last edited by will; 10-10-2006 at 03:56 AM.

Thumbs up Re: B/S/T Fees ~ Part 3

I also thought one of the best suggestions was to make the B/S/T Forum .... Invisible untill you become a member of the family with a " Password ".
    Out-of-sight / out-of-mind , to those who would see just B/S/T as a reason to join - and then violate the intended purpose of the CPF Family. If "Lurkers" with bad intentions don't see the "Marketplace" to plunder and pillage before they "join the family" - maybe they will just move on and keep going . If they are initially intrigued by only the sharing of information about lights and want to join the family for that purpose , they are joining for the right reasons . Once they have interacted with the family thru 15 or 20 posts - THEN show them the PERKS available to em in B/S/T areas . That might keep strangers from walking around at our family reunion - selling fake Rolex's from under their trenchcoats . If new members are considered as "UN-enlightened" ........ then don't "Enlighten" them for a while till they PASS the "blood-test" . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . just some thoughts I had .

Last edited by TooManyGizmos; 10-10-2006 at 06:29 AM.
    ~ "She" says ... ... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Oh man I just noticed this topic last night. I glanced through the earlier threads but it's been too much for me. I agree with cy, a minimum post requirement (maybe even in the 100's of posts) would be a better way to deal with this. I think I'd find the $2.50/30 day system incredibly annoying. It's not just a matter of the $$, but that I only sell something on BST once in a while. Having to cough up $2.50 each time I want to sell something, and then wait for the payment to be processed, makes me less like to bother. Also, it's often a small item, e.g. a couple weeks ago I sold a 4-pack of AA NiMH batteries for $9.00, and spent about $3 mailing it, so a $2.50 listing fee would have left me with $3.50.

I think it would be good to have a level that's say $20.00 per year for a max of 10 or 20 listings. That would cut down the nuisance of multiple payments and the overhead on small items.

As for buying hardware, I'm still completely convinced that the slowness problems we've had is due to some software config issue and more hardware is NOT the answer. There's probably some forum at big-boards.com that would be a good place to discuss what's been happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast