Virus / Scam ALERT

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, I must have been really drunk last night !!!!!!!

According to five of my emails today, I bought 5 laptop computers: Sony Vaio's at @ $2,499.99 each.

At different stores!.

The emails all had zip files attached , supposedly PDF's of my invoice / receipt.

Yeah, Right.
I haven't seen this particular scam / virus yet, so I thought I'd warn you all.

As paranoid as I am, if it had been just one email, and from a store I'd never dealt with, I might have been tempted to open it to see if someone had stolen my ID or something. But five at once is a heck of a tipoff that it is something else.

All of the emails had return addresses of stores like Circuit City, Best Buy etc. but looking at the headers, they actually came from a couple of different servers in Brazil.

I didn't actually download them, just a preview through Mailwasher, so I don't know if Anti-Virus software would have caught them, and don't know if this was really only a virus or just an elaborate Pfishing attempt.

Between that, 13 offers to sell me some stupid stock, 7 offers to loan me $200,000 (maybe to pay for the computers ;) ) and 18 offers to sell me something that would enlagre a certain part of my anatomy, it is getting to be time to change my email address again... That's what managed to get through my spam filter. No telling how many were auto-deleted.

God, I despise spammers, scammers and virus writers & senders.

Last edited:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: Virus / Scam ALERT; READ ME!

Hello Silveron,

Gee whiz, you have all the fun... :)

If you are interested, ( :devil: ) I could share with you some sources for discount drugs and great interest rates on a home mortgage...

Tom

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received a "Sony Vaio's at @ $2,499.99 each." today as well sent to a foundation I'm part of. I didn't open it or play with it.

Illum

Flashaholic

I have recieved one yet....I keep on getting spam for mortgage, cable tv, P**is englarging pills, and freesign up gifts some 35 mails a day.... :wtf:

if your really paranoid, call up your credit card / savings bank and view the history for the last week or so...even though its pretty convincing as a fraud, but better safe than sorry :thumbsup:

turbodog

Flashaholic

I thought your head was already swollen.

Silviron said:
Gee, I must have been really drunk last night !!!!!!!

According to five of my emails today, I bought 5 laptop computers: Sony Vaio's at @ $2,499.99 each.

At different stores!.

The emails all had zip files attached , supposedly PDF's of my invoice / receipt.

Yeah, Right.
I haven't seen this particular scam / virus yet, so I thought I'd warn you all.

As paranoid as I am, if it had been just one email, and from a store I'd never dealt with, I might have been tempted to open it to see if someone had stolen my ID or something. But five at once is a heck of a tipoff that it is something else.

All of the emails had return addresses of stores like Circuit City, Best Buy etc. but looking at the headers, they actually came from a couple of different servers in Brazil.

I didn't actually download them, just a preview through Mailwasher, so I don't know if Anti-Virus software would have caught them, and don't know if this was really only a virus or just an elaborate Pfishing attempt.

Between that, 13 offers to sell me some stupid stock, 7 offers to loan me $200,000 (maybe to pay for the computers ;) ) and 18 offers to sell me something that would enlagre a certain part of my anatomy, it is getting to be time to change my email address again... That's what managed to get through my spam filter. No telling how many were auto-deleted.

God, I despise spammers, scammers and virus writers & senders.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm ordering some of those enlarging pills as soon as the money from Ethiopia gets here.

Illum

Flashaholic

BIGIRON said:
I'm ordering some of those enlarging pills as soon as the money from Ethiopia gets here.

I was thinking of....:ohgeez:

i guess we both collect flashlights for a reason....phallic symbols in freudian terms...

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got too bloody many of those emails which says " 'male reproductive organ' enlargement pills."

don't know how the hell i got them. maybe they harvested my email?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPAM :xyxgun:

Yeah, I have about 200 approved home loans by now, and many emails in a font that my computer is not equipped to decifer.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am the victim of a time warp. All the loan offers in the bulk folder are from the year 2038 according to yahoo mail, or 1938 according to O.E.

croppedResize640_2_b.png

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost all my spam comes to my "regular" e-mail address. Only a few friends and associates and a few internet accounts I've had for a long time have this address.

I use "disposable" addresses for most of my internet accounts, forums, purchases, etc. I must have them at hundreds of sites. They rarely get spammed so I've never had to dispose of any of them.

How ironic and frustrating that my only "non-disposable" address is the one that gets spammed. I guess someone I know has a compromised computer.