advice for novice

rzdrmh

Newly Enlightened
i've been reading these forums for a while now, trying to find the right light for me.

can anyone give me some advice? looking for:

high output LED, somewhere in the 45-60 lumen range, that's fairly compact. need a white LED that can utilize a red lense/filter as well. preferably a machined aluminum body, doesn't need to be waterproof, only water resistant, as it might be exposed to rain.

preferably under $75.

any suggestions?

lightinsky

Enlightened
I'd suggest going with the Inova T3 that is about 6 inches in size and is around 60 lumens although it's rated at 85. You can get the surefire FM35 red lense filter that fits on it nicely. I have both and they work great. Hope this helps.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a JetI mk 2 Single AA can use Lion 14500 for up to 75 very white lumens,3 levels of output,68 dollars.
Litflux also is a possibility.

rzdrmh

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the responses, guys..

paul - can you affix a red filter on the JetI? where can i get information on it?

Tachyon

Newly Enlightened
Hi Rzdmrh,

I suggest the new Huntlight FT-01 UX1J in HA III, it accepts CR123, R123A and 18650 batteries. Do a search for the FT01 on the forum and you should find a lot of reviews.

Cheers
Tachy

WIJLY

Newly Enlightened
i suggest you find a nice generic "ultrafire" 3W 1 cr123 from ebay from hong kong, i own one and it is BRIGHT (60 Lumen <>) and it lasts for 1.5 hours and goes Poof "LET THERE BE DARKNESS . . and there was" regulated and aluminium. Construction not super top notch, but it works and is reliable

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would have to come up with a red filter,make it or try fitting one from some other light.Walmart has a bunch of cheap light with filters.
The Jet I have is very bright and very white.