Likki 5 watt 2 cell x r123

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
I've owned a Likki light 5 watt. Very bright on protected r123's (2x).

It doesn't run a long time on constant, but it's realllllllly bright. Only use it for when you need to really light up something. The HA black finish is still pristine. Nice throw and white, not blue color from the luxeon.

Curious: is it still in production, and what opinions are from other owners.

Thank you.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for my dad. I think it's a great light. Just as bright as my Surefire L4. He just uses primaries in it. I don't think they're in production, anymore. Also, I think it is just regular type II anodizing, not HA.

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one too, and I must say that its very impressive for the price. I don't think its still being produced. Running on primaries, its as bright and has almost identical beam characteristics as the Surefire L4.

I'm looking to buy another one at the right price, not full retail.

Perhaps I'll also run it on rechargeables, since it will give better performance.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the amount of flashlights that I have, run times are not that important... but OUTPUT is always paramount for the FUN FACTOR :naughty:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
FlashlightPhreak said:
I've owned a Likki light 5 watt. Very bright on protected r123's (2x).

It doesn't run a long time on constant, but it's realllllllly bright. Only use it for when you need to really light up something. The HA black finish is still pristine. Nice throw and white, not blue color from the luxeon.

Curious: is it still in production, and what opinions are from other owners.

Thank you.

http://store.advancedmart.com/lili5waluled.html

These guys' prices are ridiculous but I don't know of any one else in the states who carries it.
I used to see this light on ebay out of CAnada for $50 US all the time about a year ago. I kept saying I was gonna get it & I kept putting it off. Oh well...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightPhreak said:
Fusion m8

With the protected r123's it is way brighter than with e2 lithiums.

Total run time maybe 30 minutes or so, but blinding bright.

What brand of R123s are you using?

I'm currently using Golston primaries in mine and it seems to just fit in there, so wouldn't protected R123s be too big to fit?