Rayovac 2LED. 1AA <mini-review>. Picture heavy!

Newuser01

Enlightened
So I bought this light Rayovac "INDUSTRIAL LONG RANGE 2 LED 1AA FLASHLIGHT" (This link is incorrectly labelled, model number is same as the one I picked up!)=>Rayovac link:.

From AceHardware. 9.99 + Tax...

Impressions.
  1. Kindalong for 1 AA light.
  2. 200 hour run time. (claimed by manufacturer!!)
  3. It's yellow and black. Plastic construction (Feels a bit cheap but better than 99 cents lights you find at local stores).
  4. Lifetime warranty. (who's sending these back for warranty service?)
  5. Bright for using just 1 AA. (about 1/2 as bright compare to 9 LED Garrity from Costco, by my eye.)
  6. Has a clip/hook at the end which you can hook it to your belt loops or something.
  7. Face down, you can see lights leaking.
  8. Expensive. (I would buy 10 if it was about $2. :naughty: )
I think if you need a light for the kids to take to camp or tool box - this light is great. Cheap batteries. long run time (expected since only driving 2 led's on 1 aa). Its brighter than 2AA M@G but cheaper and will run much much longer. Rubber ring at the tailcap. Seems to be water proof, but wont float!!! (I dropped it into a bucket full of water and it sank!). It has 2 parabolic lens for each of the led's. Reflector is checkered. I dont know if this helps with throw or anything. Cant take off the head yet.

On/off buttom is coverred with rubber and you can blink it when its off. But wont blink after its on. (non-reverse clickie?)

Okay here comes the pictures with 2AA mag, and SL PP LUX for size comparo!

Some beam shots!! (the beam that has outer ring is from Rayovac and the other beam is from 9 LED costco/garrity 3aaa light.) Seems a bit blue from the wall shot but in use, its perfectly fine. The ring is not visible when used outside. Good enough for the kids to take with them on Holloween and stuff.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

Regards.
Newb
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really big for a 1AA lite

But if it costs rightl, like $4.99.... I like cheap nasty lites and if it has an LED, it's a winner

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks for the tip, Newuser. Looks like one that's right down my alley. Single cell and cheap. If Ace is trying to get $10, we'll soon see it somewhere else for $5 or $6. Let the hunt begin.

Geoff

Jumi

Enlightened
Same light is Varta in Europe
Bought one few weeks ago,
very bright for 2 leds so I measured the current draw from battery and it was over 0.5 Amp so I wouln't except long runtime.
Head is glued so I had to(for the name of science) crack it open.

So now it waits for modifications(maby forever)

What I like: Switch is easy to use for older people
Fresnell optics in lens

What I don't like: Lot of empty space in the head, they could have add twomore leds in the head and run the leds little less agressive.

Juha