Energizer Hard Case LED spotlight

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped by Target yesterday and came across an Energizer Hard Case LED Spotlight. Anyone know anything about this guy?
Sounds like I might be making a trip by Target at lunch time today and just wondered if there were any reasons to avoid this light.

Sounds like a nice keep-in-the-car spotlight...

zapper

Enlightened
I've made a couple of mods to lantern lights using LUX III LED. You get a really bright spot that throws almost as far as you can see but zero spill. Dorcey has a similar model.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe it is a 4xaa LED light?

and is rechargeable too?

in that case, it should handle the roughs very well.

and a nice spot too. although the tint of the led may suck...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's either 4C's or rechargeable...yeah, not sure about the tint.
Just wondering if anyone has this light or knows much about it...:thinking:

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
zapper said:
I've made a couple of mods to lantern lights using LUX III LED. You get a really bright spot that throws almost as far as you can see but zero spill. Dorcey has a similar model.

I saw that Dorcy model at Sears. The main thing I don't like about that one is the obious emitter board around the LED...looks kinda tacky I think.

Also, after reading the review, I guess the first couple "notches" of the stand won't support the light once it's loaded with batteries. Not good.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
how do you get to the led on the hard case. i have some t-bins i would like to put in. and what bin did you mod it with Zapper.