ARC AAA is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have not used this light in a while, the rubber ring around the bottom of the head is missing but used to work, now nothing. anyone want to look at it? Or should i send it to arc

cy

Flashaholic
put out the battery to check for corrosion. the most common failure for ARC AAA.

otherwise send back to ARC for service or free replacement

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
check/clean contacts. If all else fails, send back to arc.

I recently had mind flicker and I cleaned the contacts which were dirty with rubbing alcohol and q-tip and also paper towel. The threads/etc are now shiny again. I still had flickering, but figured out that the foam donut which is no longer attached had shed some of it's material and was stuck in the threads. I turned it around so any bits would fall away from the head, and blew out the pieces. It's been working great ever since.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah there was some stuff in the barrel but i dont know if some it will come out

cy

Flashaholic
AAA cells seems to leak more than any other type cells...

2000xlt said:
yeah there was some stuff in the barrel but i dont know if some it will come out

VJJ

Newly Enlightened
I find although most alkalines have a shelf life of years, after you use them (draw power off of them) just a little, you start a chemical reaction that may cause the battery to leak in a few months. So after you start using alkalines, you have to use them up in a couple months or throw them out, or they'll leak. Also alkalines that have exceeded their shelf life may leak. The slightest leak can cause your equipment to fail. It may not look like much, but clean it all out.

UncleGadget.com

Status
Not open for further replies.