Flashlight holster question

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know of anybody that makes a flashlight holster similar to this one on Brinkmann's website, except being a 1xAA instead of a 2xAA? I like that spare battery pocket.

http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detail.aspx?category=Flashlights+%26+Spotlights&subcategory=Flashlights+%26+Spotlights+Accessories&sku=802-1039-0&id=394

The website seems to be acting screwy right now, so here's the pic:

brinkmannmt3.jpg

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Totally! I was wondering if there's a flashlight at Walmart that the holster comes with. I noticed the holster was only $1.50, so I don't really wanna pay $8 shipping for it.

john willis

Newly Enlightened
What is it you guys want? This pouch holds 2 batteries and one light? Or 2 lights? The text on the link says it holds 2 lights. You want a pouch that holds one aa light and one aa battery? I can make one but it wont cost $1.50. It will slow never fail and you will have it for the rest of you life unless you lose it. What kind of light do you want to put in it?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
john willis said:
You want a pouch that holds one aa light and one aa battery?

Correct.

I can make one but it wont cost $1.50.

How much?

What kind of light do you want to put in it?

Typical 1xAA size. Like Fenix or Streamlight 1xaa. It can have a bit of give in the flashlight pouch to accomodate a bit of variety, just as long as there's a secure flap.

It just seems with all the 1xAA lights people on here carry, that there would be more holsters available. Nice to have that spare battery close by for when your 2-4 hours of light spills over a bit.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I would like something like that for a 2AA light that also holds two spare AA batteries. That's what it looks like that one would do.

john willis

Newly Enlightened
If you search for my name "John Willis" you will see a bit of my work on this forum. I get $15.00 for my standard pouches. We realy dont make any thing at that price. we just put them out at that so people see the quality of work. we have a good relationship with sure fire so we have all of their lights. I dont think I even have any A or AA lights. I will head over to wal-mart and see about picking some thing up. When you say an AA light you meen along the lines of a mini mag?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey John, a better idea:
Since there's quite a bit of variances in the sizes of 1xAA lights and I mostly just pocket carry mine anyways, Is there anyway you could make a small, unobtrusive 2xAA battery carrier for the belt? I figure two extra AA's on a person with a 1xAA light could get them through a troublesome night. I don't mind pocketing the light at all, it's just trying to pocket any spare batteries that concerns me. (keys poking them, etc.)

You could possibly even have a CR123 version as well for fans of those lights. Sure would beat APS film canisters.

The idea I had would look something like the battery compartment part of this holster: http://www.orderoutdoors.com/niteize/spholster.htm
Each battery having it's own slot with a velcro flap on top.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was actually wanting to use that for my Fenix L2P at work. Would be nice to have a pouch or two like that to carry my light and a couple of spare AA rechargeable batteries. I really like the price! $1.50! :D

tvman

Newly Enlightened
The Brinkman holster looks very similar to the Pelican M3 holster. The Pelican holster is longer and it also has a spare battery pouch holding 2 123s.