New member 1st post

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhj1

Newly Enlightened
Just joined the CPF tonight. What a cool forum! And I thought I was the only one out there that has a fetish for light emitting toys. Boy was I wrong. Looks as though there are many others that are stricken with the same "problem." My wife thinks I'm nuts to own more than one flashlight.

I just got my AE Powerlight 24W this week. What a wonderful and powerful light. Can't wait to use it next week on my flyfishing trip in the Sierra's. I'll be way off the beaten path so I don't have to worry about offending anyone with my ultra-brite toys. I also own and love a Surefire M6. I realize it's not a HID, but it's a great light with fantastic craftsmanship. I also use a couple of Light and Motion handlebar/head lamps for my after hours mountain biking adventures. These are really nice lights that offer a lot of performance for the size/weight.

Happy to be member and it's nice to find a place where I feel at "home."

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Welcome!!! I just joined this forum last November, and it is really a great community...that makes you feel normal in your flashlight passion. I'll warn you though, hide your wallet as you start to see and learn about all the lights you didn't know about.

My interest started when I saw an article in Maximum PC magazine where they recommended the SureFire L2 light for working inside of computers. Man...that seems like a lifetime ago that I got that light...lol...but it was only a year ago. Thousands of dollars later.....lol!

fleegs

Enlightened
I am not sure what to say...well definately welcome but holy crap it seems like your selection of lights, prior to joining CPF, is amazing. That is, you were a flashoholic prior to CPF! I am not sure what would have happened to me if I had a collection like that prior to joining CPF. Prior to CPF, I could not fathom owning a light costing more than 200. I could not imagine something to have motivated me to spend the money on a Surfire M6 prior to CPF. Wow.

If you wouldn't mind, please post your experience with the 24 W from your trip when you get back.

Again welcome,

rob

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just joined CPF also. My wife thinks i'm crazy wasting my time looking at flashlights. The Luxeons got me hooked and am now looking for a HID. I originally joined to get a discount on a LED flashlight but going through the different threads found out more about HID.

Not sure if this appropiate here but got couple questions.
1) Is the Mini-HID (cutdown MagLite) still being made?
2) What is a joker and nonjoker Luxeon?

Thanks for letting me post,
Brian

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome bhj1, The disease runs deeper and deeper... I"ve always been amazed with lights too since I was about 6 and got my first calydoscope light.

I too am new and I am comforted to know I am not alone with my aliment.

I already have puchased more than I ever expected.... it's worse than going to Costco!

The coolest light I had was the old streamlight SL35, then got the Inova T4 4W Luxeon... I got on here trying to see if they had a more powerful Luxeon LED out yet and before you know it, I was caught up in this vortex that sucked me into a wormhole filled with flashlights!

I tried the X990 and now ended up with the 50W Xeray HID.
I can tell already your infected pretty bad too.....

As the Governor of California would say...... RRRUuuunnn!

Slaro

Newly Enlightened
bhj1, you owned all this before coming to CPF? "AE Powerlight 24W, Surefire M6 & others, Inova T5, Gerber LX 3.0, Streamlight Stinger & Scorpion, assorted other lights". WOW! The best light I had before I got sucked in by CPF was a regular ol' MagCharger. The words like "Surefire" or "HID flashlight" etc... wasn't even in my vocabulary yet. Welcome aboard!

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
bhj1 said:
Just joined the CPF tonight. What a cool forum! And I thought I was the only one out there that has a fetish for light emitting toys.

Well said all around. Finding CPF was a redeeming moment in my life too. ;-) When I joined here, my "best" light was a Surefire E2e. Now I have almost everything else in the Surefire catalog, a homemade HID and a Microfire 24W HID.

And speaking of offending people with an obscenely bright flashlight...! Last week I rented a stakebed truck to haul some home demolition rubble to the garbage dump. Well, I rented it on Monday and Tuesday morning the city tickets for street sweeping. So I parked the truck overnight at a nearby park, which is about a 1 mile walk home in the dark. What a better chance to play with the new Microfire!!

On the walk home (and I do admit this is one BRIGHT light for casual use) I'd get people in oncoming cars "signaling" me with their high beams and so on... honestly, I was trying to avoid glare to oncoming traffic... but I think it was a combo of a bright light, dark neighborhood, and reflective concrete sidewalk!

spc smith

Enlightened
LuxLuthor, welcome!

Im new to this forum as well! its good to know that other people share the same passion.. led flashlights! i have an olight M20X on its way, Sunwayman T20C, olighti1 eos, surefire G2. not that many flashlights but ive seen the other side already in performance of lighting lol. And.. sadly my wife still hates them! my son whos two already says fashfight! well done sone.. well done:)

Status
Not open for further replies.