Yet another use for my greenie...

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
This morning, Mom accidentally tried to burn down the house, she left a pot of baked beans on the stove cooking (on high) and the water boiled off and the beans started smoking, thick, acrid, beany smoke....

of course, they came to *me* when they needed fans to clear out the smoke (i have 2 20" industrial floor fans i use during the summer, as the house has no A/C, and it gets hot up on the second floor), i also brought down my Ionic Pro ionizer to pull the smoke out of the air....

....funny how everyone makes fun of the prepared until they find they need something, then we become the life/day saver, until the crisis is over and we go back to being ridiculed/ribbed on.....

it took about 20 minutes for my 2 20" industrials to get the smoke out of the air (did i mention it's 42 degrees outside, and we just had our first killing frost, yep, that's right, it's long-sleeved t-shirt weather now...) and once they were done, my parents turned them off, i took the fans back upstairs and am using them to pull the smoke out of the upstairs area, i also have my Brookstone Pure-Ion ionizer running on "TURBO" to help de-smokify the upstairs....

oh yeah, laser content, right....

i found that my 3mW ThinkGeek greenie (i still think they got the power level wrong, it's gotta be more than 3mW) actually allows me to see how thick the smoke particles still are in rooms that look "clear", even in daylight, i can shine the laser onto a dark surface and *still* see a faint green beam eminating from it, showing that there are *still* smoke particles in the air, the beam is not visible in rooms lit by direct sunlight, but with diffused lighting from the windows, the beam is still visible at 10:30 AM

Last edited:

jkaiser3000

Enlightened
3W greenie? I don't think you can call a 3W laser a greenie. It just does'nt sound right:laughing:

i can shine the laser onto a dark surface and *still* see a faint green beam eminating from it

On the other hand, wouldn't a 3W laser burn through anything dark colored?
Maybe the faint beam you see is not due to the smoke in the room, but the smoke being generated by the burning surface you're shining your laser onto :grin2:

Anyway, wish I had one of those :naughty:

Also, don't you get rid of those fans, you never know when your mom will try to burn the house again lol

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
You're right. They did get the power wrong, and it's about a thousand times less than 3W.

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
That explains it, a runaway little m that was put back in place at last. Wish I would be able to see a 3W laser anyways.......:sssh: