new Halloweren & Christmas LED light sets at Target

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Went into my local Target today and saw several new sets of LED holiday lighting sets. They also have a new display style for the Philips LED Christmas light sets. The lamps are displayed as a bouquet, mounted inside of a white plastic reflector, ands they're on constantly rather than using the "push me" buttons. It makes it much easier to compare light sets.

In addition there's another non-Philips line of LED Christmas lights using RGB color-changing LEDs in various style reflectors.

I also saw several new Halloween LED light strings in orange and violet, as well as a lawn "stake light" set of orange LEDs. If you're into LED holiday lights, it's worth a trip to Target to see all of the new stuff. :)

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
:rock:
Hey when the holidays are finished, you can use them for your mod. projects. Last years Philips 70 Led icicle lights went to most of my mod projects.
Fred:grin2:

EricB

Enlightened
I wonder what those "RGB"s are! I just checked Target's site, and they only have Philips LED products listed. I do see they have new shapes and all. And LED Museum has reviewed the new battery powered LED lights from Target as well.

Last edited:

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
Went into my local Target today and saw several new sets of LED holiday lighting sets. They also have a new display style for the Philips LED Christmas light sets. The lamps are displayed as a bouquet, mounted inside of a white plastic reflector, ands they're on constantly rather than using the "push me" buttons. It makes it much easier to compare light sets.

In addition there's another non-Philips line of LED Christmas lights using RGB color-changing LEDs in various style reflectors.

I also saw several new Halloween LED light strings in orange and violet, as well as a lawn "stake light" set of orange LEDs. If you're into LED holiday lights, it's worth a trip to Target to see all of the new stuff.
smile.gif

See the new Xmas LED lights at Sams Club, they actually hurt my eyes after just a short period.....

Thehappyman

Canuke

Enlightened
I was in the Target in Thousand Oaks CA and didn't see any Halloween LED strings, just the incandescent ones. What brand? I'd like to see those violet ones -- were they 405nm violet, filtered white, or R+B purple?

They have little battery operated sets too, I need to grab some for my GF... she has some incan sets which are rather pathetic. She likes to light up her car. Yes, she's a huge holiday geek... hey, works for me, I don't have to explain buying these lights ;)

EricB

Enlightened
I went to Target last night, and saw the Philips. The "faceted spheres" were the same they had last year. They looked like a different shape on the website. They also had "stake lights". (little twigs with branches with LED's on the ends); they had both blue and multicolor LED, and there was some other brand that was regular incandescent "rice" lights.

There were also new LED lights (the other brand) that were shaped like crystals. Plus candy canes and stuff. Didn't have any display; not even the old "push me" ones), and I didn't see either the RGB's or the battery operated ones LED Museum reviews.
I didn't even see any of the cool LED Halloween stuff I saw last year!

But it just occurrred to me; were these RGB's the big C9 shaped ones they had last year, with the dim yellow-green that throws the rest of the colors off? I had forgotten those and gotten excited when I saw "RGB" mentioned.

This year, to add to last yea's DingDotz; I am looking at TRIKLITS (http://nw.com/nw/triklits/), or LED CLusters (http://uau-led.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/53802346/Sell_LED_Cluster_Light.html), but this last company seems to be wholesale trading, and I don't know how to find out about a US distributor or retailer, or even the price and features of it.
I hope I can get one of them, but we are still strapped this year. Also, we are planning to move in December, but one good thing is that the new apartment will have six windows visible from the street for me to spread my LED lights around; up from the current two, which ran out of space last year!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The violet ones that I saw (in icicle and "naked" styles btw) appear to be 405nm LEDs, not filtered white or R+B. They might even come in around 400nm. Hard to tell for sure when my eyes are white-balanced to the overhead fluorescents.

The RGB LED sets were NOT from Philips. They had shaped white translucent lenses on them in the shape of stars or icicles. They appeared somewhat brighter than last year's RGB sets in C-9 style plastic lenses.