Fenix P1 / Lo-Med-Hi 4 CHRISTMAS ?? 4sevens ??

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:santa::santa::santa::thumbsup::thumbsup::santa::santa::santa::clap::clap::clap::santa::santa::santa::thumbsup::thumbsup::santa::santa::santa:

How about it ....4sevens .... can you comment on the possibility of this happening soon ???

That's what I want for Christmas , a 3-level P1 .

When are we gonna start seeing some SALES for Christmas shopping ???

I was not a member during last Christmas season .

WHEN do all the dealers start the PRESENT buying FRENZY ???

I'm ready for some good new products and incentives to buy some early gifts .

My credit card balance is low - my Pay-Pal is on ready.

Someone start the buying season !!!!! :santa::santa::santa:

It's Time for some SALES ................ TooManyGizmos/:grin2:

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix P1/Lo-Med-Hi for CHRISTMAS ?? 4sevens ??

:sold: Exactly what I was thinking!

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened

I will vote for that. What held me back is the one level P1.

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level

That would probably be my next light...
rolleye11.gif

Kees

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a 2xcr123 multi level P1 that will also take a 17670, pleeeeese. The firefly is just too much money.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):grin2::naughty:

Gosh Pumaman , if you want something that big , just get the L2T ... I guess. (edited)

I just want to see the tiny P1 .... get some versatility improvements .... to fit more tasks .

Pumaman said:
I want a 2xcr123 multi level P1 that will also take a 17670, pleeeeese. The firefly is just too much money.

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't really care about Christmas but i'd sure order a 3 stage P1! Or a 3 stage CR2 P1.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m waiting for the multi level P1-V wall of light :)

Ken

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
TooManyGizmos said:

Gosh Pumaman , if you want something that big , just get the L2T ... I guess. (edited)

I just want to see the tiny P1 .... get some versatility improvements .... to fit more tasks .

because it would be slightly larger than the L1T, but much brighter and longer running, even more so with lower levels. 4 sevens is now offering just p1 bodies, all fenix would have to do is make a double length body available and make the input voltage now 3-6 volts on the new P2. i think they would sell like hotcakes.

my 2 cents.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CR2 P1 could be called the P2 or PCR2 and the three level P1 would become the P3, of course. Keep it small: 1 X CR123 or offer an extension battery tube as an option only, don't go to 2 X 123.

FLUPIC & 10 levels!? Given our perception of light intensity, would that many levels be useable? You'd have to start at next-to-no lumens for the lower levels or maximum would be reached without noticeable change between levels...I think.

Two or three levels would suit my needs but we all have different uses for our lights.

ciam

Newly Enlightened
Should that materialize, I hope to see a simpler mechanism for multi-level control. The switch of the latest L0P is a little too complicated for me. That along the line of Millermods Fenix L0P or Surefire U2 should be easier to use. The latter may not fit too well into a compact flashlight but the former is really worth considering.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have any adjustable level Fenix light's at all ......

So I don't know how they accomplish the diff. levels .

I assume there are 3 tiny blade contacts sticking up that make contact at diff. times as you screw it together .

I do have a concern , and a question , about how-ever they do it .....

Is it delicate and easily broken ?? Will it wear out quickly in a short time and start malfunctioning ??

How are other Fenix adjustable level lights holding up ??
Have any problems been detected in the design - to this point ??

I do not want a delicate design of the materials in use .

Can anyone simply explain how the Fenix multi-level desigh works currently ..... please .......... TMG/:grin2:

pcaf

Newly Enlightened
I recently asked 4-7 if there was plans to offer a P1 with a Flupic board, he responded that that would rule out the use of primary cells, RCRs only, which would be fine for a lot of us but not suitable for the masses. Hopefully more will show some interest in a multi level P1, I would definitely be in for one!

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that would satisfy my desire requirements for a decent light for some time. I (conceptually) love the brightness of the P1 but want a long runtime setting as well. I don't even need the Medium setting, 2 would work for me. As long as it retains the perfect regulation that Fenix does so well with their 3v lights I'd be all over it. Please Fenix, the masses want one of these!

ciam

Newly Enlightened
For a 2-level LxT, you tighten the head for high and slightly unscrew it for low, but you click the button in the tailcap for on/off.

For a 3-level MillerMods L0P, you twist the head to on at the lowest level and keep turning to reach in turn the two higher levels.

For the new 3-level L0P, you twist the head to on at the lowest level. Twist it off, then twist to on again within 1.5 seconds to reach the next level. Repeat the process if you want to go to the highest level. Once you keep the flashlight in the off position for more than 1.5 seconds, it would reset itself and the next time you twist it on, it'll be at the lowest level again.

My history in the hobby of quality flashlights is too short for me to comment on any durability issues. Others with more experiences should be able to answer your questions in this regard.

Last edited:

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Who has the best prices on the P1?
I'm thinking of getting a few for Christmas presents.

Has anyone any comments about the PEAK Carabbian? I can't make up my mind between the P1 and the Peak to use for a EDC. I havn't seen either so it's hard to decide.
I have heard good things about both..........(and the Peak is double the price
of the P1...ouch)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make the P1 just like the L0PSE I just received. Perfect! The only downfall of the P1 is it's runtime, with energy saver modes it will be much more usable without carrying extra batteries.