wheres the best place to buy paracord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
lighthound.com has a pretty good selection. rei.com should have the reflective.

jds009

Enlightened
holy cow! 15c a foot! do u get yours from lighthound? i can get it at Wal mart (not as many colors) for 10c/ft, ive seen sites for 4c/ft \, problem is i cant remember where that was, anyone know where that was?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009 said:
ok, ya, thx, but on tad gear it has glow in the dark "cord" is that
paracord? or just rope?
the tad gear glow in the dark cord is just really small (550 paracord sized) rope. It does not have the strands inside like 550 its all one thing exept for being rope i think the stuff is great i tie it on every thing i think i will need to find quekly in a dark sistuation.

i hope this helps!

ghostrider

Enlightened
ubraidit.com is also another good source for various colors of paracord, but theirs is 650.

The GITD cord from tadgear is more like a shoestring than a rope or cord. It's very weak and can break on you if you apply too much tension. It also stretches to be very thin when tying it.

The reflective cord can be had at onestopknifeshop. It sells in 1000ft spools. Some of us went in together to buy a spool a while back.

The Type III cord is about 1.75mm thick. That's a guess based on the fact that it's slightly thicker than my 1.5mm MiniCord.

Status
Not open for further replies.