Lux RC
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Default Re: Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Quote Originally Posted by randyo

Yes - it fits and works. Most importantly - the body length on the 2003 Red CPF special works perfectly with the Millermods 2-stage switch.
    However, it sure is a butt-ugly color match. Arc bodies are cheap!!!! Why create an ugly mismatch?????
    Sign-up list for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod is here

Flashaholic*

My sentiments as well

Hi, and thank you for the picture randyo, and I have to agree!
    MillerMods, please set my up for a complete ARC Head and Body with the same spesification as mention before, Thanks!

PA

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by MillerMods
    For my 3/4 watt version the difference will look very similiar to the runtime chart you have a link for the LOD CE. Under heavier loads however, such as my 1.25 watt version the lithium E2 will still run longer, but the curve will taper faster than NIMH cells.
    thanks! that sounds good.

btw, have you tried the cree uv led in the arc aaa?

I haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while--what's the word on the Q3s?

Quote Originally Posted by Trashman
    I haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while--what's the word on the Q3s?
    Still haven't seen the Q2's which means the Q3's are probably a ways off yet. I hope we see the Q2's before the end of this quarter.

Flashaholic

Still haven't seen the Q2's which means the Q3's are probably a ways off yet. I hope we see the Q2's before the end of this quarter.
    Ah well, the anticipation is at least half the fun. Um, can someone refresh my memory on how all these grades compare to each other? The first post in this thread has a good comparison of P3 vs. Q3, but now we've got P4 and Q2 in the mix as well. Are Q3s significantly mo' better than Q2s? I can't tell the players without a scorecard!

With a P3 bin the output estimates go as follows depending on Vf and other factors:

3/4 watt ~45-60 lumens
    1 watt ~60-75 lumens
    1.25 watt ~75-85 lumens
    1.5 watt ~85-95 lumens

With the Q3 bin the output estimates go as follows depending on Vf and other factors:

3/4 watt ~65-80 lumens
    1 watt ~80-95 lumens
    1.25 watt ~95-105 lumens
    1.5 watt ~105-115 lumens

Flashaholic*

heres the raw lumen @350mA from cree datasheet:

N4 62.0-67.2
    P2 67.2-73.9
    P3 73.9-80.6
    P4 80.6-87.4
    Q2 87.4-93.9
    Q3 93.9-100.4

cree pdf

as you can see they are very closely binned compared to luxeonIII

Hi there, sign me up for a 2 stage, Q3, Hi (1.5w), Low (75mA), head + body with international shipping, if its not too late, thanks!

Flashaholic*

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFester
    Hmm..... I guess I should post to confirm.
    Mr. MillerMods.
    As per our discussion in PM, I would like to change my order to
    25mA, 1.5, Qx
    Complete light.
    Thank you sir.
    I hate being a PITA. I guess I should post the latest changes to my order.
    25mA, 1.5W, P4 WH. I'd love to wait for a Q bin but I'm frothing at the mouth to see this little gem. Maybe I'll get a Q bin later when they come available.
    Ask not what Flashoholics can do for you, but what can you do for Flashoholics

I don't blame you one bit UncleFester, I was frothing at the mouth too! I would have loved to wait for the Q bin LEDs, but I've found my little light (with a P4) to be perfect just the way it is...... and it WAS worth waiting for. What a fine beam (smooth), and the ARC AAA body is easily as nice as everybody said it is.

I've found this little light to be a fine combination of simple, but elegant craftsmanship blended with cutting edge LED technology into a tiny package just a bit smaller than my little finger. Amazing!

This cute little gem has earned a permanent place on my keyring.

Flashaholic

Ok, I'm in for sooner too. Please change my order from Q3 to a P4. Complete light. I'm .25 low 1.25 high.

If we opt for a P4 how long until we could get a light? (est)

If anyone opt's to change to a P4, they will get their light much faster. I currently have the following tints in P4's: WB, WD, and WH in order from coolest to warmest.
    The estimate for time of delivery right now if you changed your order would put you somewhere between the end of this month and the middle of April.

I've always had the P3 on order, should I change to the P4? Would that make a diffrerence in timing or price? Is P4 now your default bin?

I currently have the following tints in P4's: WB, WD, and WH in order from coolest to warmest.
    I do not know we can ask for a specific tint. Can you provide me with a WD if possible. Mynext preference is WC (I believe you got some of those in P3.)
    I do not have paypal. Can you notify me as early as possible so there is minimum delay as a money order is sent and cashed. Also will need your snail mail address.
    Last edited by LEDninja; 03-16-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Enlightened

I would like to change my order.
    I will still provide the emitter (a p4 WH) but I would like you to provide the arc.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Scottiver
    I've always had the P3 on order, should I change to the P4? Would that make a diffrerence in timing or price? Is P4 now your default bin?
    P4 is now the default bin. I don't have any P3's and I won't be buying more.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDninja
    I do not know we can ask for a specific tint. Can you provide me with a WD if possible. Mynext preference is WC (I believe you got some of those in P3.)
    I do not have paypal. Can you notify me as early as possible so there is minimum delay as a money order is sent and cashed. Also will need your snail mail address.
    I have plenty of P4 WD's. I'll let you know ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by bwm
    I would like to change my order.
    I will still provide the emitter (a p4 WH) but I would like you to provide the arc.

Brian
    Done.

Party Re: Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Man this light is great! Almost everyone who sees me using it wants to hold it. Some of them try to be critical :
    - "Right, it has to work on a special and expensive cell"
    - "Nope, just a regular rechargeable AAA cell"
    - "Then the LED must be incredibly overdriven so the lifetime is only a few hours"
    - "Nope, it is well withing specs and heatsinked"
    - "Then it probably has a battery life of only some seconds"
    - "Nope, half an hour on high and more than 4 hours on low"
    - "All right, this little flashlight really IS incredible"
    - "Sure it is "

Thanks to MillerMods! And good luck for building all the orders

EDIT : happy posting to me, this is my 1000th post on CPF

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus

Thanks to MillerMods! And good luck for building all the orders

EDIT : happy posting to me, this is my 1000th post on CPF
    Thanks Erasmus I plan on ramping up my production a good bit here in the next week. I've been remodeling my house for awhile now off and on again. Time to switch gears again!

Flashaholic

I'd like to switch to the WD P4 for now, other specs remain the same. I'll buy another with a Q3 when you have those in stock. Thanks!
    Mark<

P4 is now the default bin. I don't have any P3's and I won't be buying more.
    OK, make both of mine P4's which you were going to do anyway. I've never heard of the tints your offering but my favorite in a LuxIII is a WO bin so if any of yours are similar to that then that's what I would like. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottiver
    OK, make both of mine P4's which you were going to do anyway. I've never heard of the tints your offering but my favorite in a LuxIII is a WO bin so if any of yours are similar to that then that's what I would like. Thanks.
    This is a break-down of the way I see it for tint comparisons to Luxeon's:

WB ~ YO
    WC ~ XO
    WD ~ WO
    WG ~ X1
    WH ~ V1 (but the WH tend to be very white when driven at currents higher than 500mA, although that doesn't apply to my AAA mods)
    Last edited by MillerMods; 03-16-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by CodeOfLight
    Ok, I'm in for sooner too. Please change my order from Q3 to a P4. Complete light. I'm .25 low 1.25 high.
    Did you get this order change for me?

Alright I'll switch to a P4 bin, and change to 50/1.25.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeOfLight
    Did you get this order change for me?
    Got it

Quote Originally Posted by bexamous
    Alright I'll switch to a P4 bin, and change to 50/1.25.
    Done.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 LastLast