Christmas

DArklite

Enlightened
Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Light!
wink.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
May the Great Spirit smile her gracious smile upon you this MidWinter Festival.

And may the light of peace and Love illuminate your Whole New Year.

Hope you all have fun, too !!

lightlover :reflective:

smile.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
May the Great Spirit smile her gracious smile upon you this MidWinter Festival.

And may the light of peace and Love illuminate your Whole New Year.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the light from a UK Light Cannon?
wink.gif

Hopefully it will actually *get here* by New Year. I'd really love to have that thing on me when I hit the new year's parties.
grin.gif

But if not I'll just whip out my Surge and ruin the party that way.
wink.gif

I'm putting together another page from home; this one shoing only my Christmas lights.
I tried using binoculars to get shots of my lights from outside, but none of the pictures came out well because the exposure time was too long to work without having everything mounted to tripods. Since I don't have two tripods, the two outdoors shots I selected from the roll will be quite fuzzy.
frown.gif

I'll just add it on to my Home Is Where The Bulb Is site, and you can jump to it from a link under the front door.
smile.gif

Probably be ready in an hour or so.

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
Major cool, Sting (or should i say Sting-mon - don't wanna confuse you and a rock star with a similar name
wink.gif
)

I like the bedroom shot w/ the plasma cube. It looks like a nice size. Gonna check it out at the shack later this week. They also have some interesting organic shaped ones - mushrooms, etc. check out these pages:

plasma lamps

more plasma

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just to wish everybody on the forum a happy Christmas, and a peacefull new year.
May you all receive bright and glowing things!
David Chambers, Scotland.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy holidays to all, and in the spirit of LOTR:

One Forum to rule them all,
One Forum to find them.
One Forum to show them all
That darkness cannot blind them.
In CandlePowerForums,
Where no shadows lie.

Happy Holidays to CPF founder, DavidW !

LiteFreek

Newly Enlightened
Merry Christmas guys and gals, you know who you are. Please tell me we have some female flashaholics.

haha I love that one Quickbeam. I just got to see that flick and it wasn't tooo bad considering I'm a big fan of the books.

Again Merry Christmas everyone and have a great New Year too.

-The local LiteFreek

arab

Enlightened
Happy Christmas to all from a surprisingly mild Dublin, Ireland. Now, back to snoozing infront of the telly
grin.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christmas was good for me. I didn't receive the best presents ever. But I had the best time with my family ever.

No flashlight under the tree for me
frown.gif
But I did get a nice knife from my kids
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Christmas was good for me. I didn't receive the best presents ever. But I had the best time with my family ever.

No flashlight under the tree for me
frown.gif
But I did get a nice knife from my kids
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Family matters more than fancy, bright battery operated presents... but it would have been cool if you got a flashlight anyway.
grin.gif

I opened presents fairly early; perhaps 9 or 10 this morning. No flashlights under the tree this year, but I did get an insulator that isn't listed in the book. Then I got some socks & shirts. Then I got a dream catcher. Then a box of homemade Christmas ornaments for next year's tree. Finally I got the "practise square" for a beaded quilt square being installed in New York as part of the 9-11 memorial. The square was my design, but my mother did the actual beading. http://insulatorz.home.att.net/wtcmom.jpg

Since I have no family locally, I spent some time on the telephone, some time on CPF, some time in front of the boob tube, and some time asleep on the couch. Alternate the four activities for most of the day, and there's my Christmas. Dinner was served by the local senior center, and consisted of ham, smashed potatoes, and peas. Tiny portions of turkey and cranberry sauce rounded off the dish, and some homemade Christmas cookies rounded off the day.
Now it's time to get out the non-alcoholic eggnog. It just isn't Christmas without it.

Starting tomorrow, the all-too-long wait for the Light Cannon begins. With some luck, it will get here in time for New Year's Eve.
grin.gif

Hope everyone on this thing had a great Christmas, and that nobody has to stand in some long-*** line tomorrow bringing stuff back to the store.
shocked.gif

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
Major cool, Sting (or should i say Sting-mon - don't wanna confuse you and a rock star with a similar name
wink.gif
)

They also have some interesting organic shaped ones - mushrooms, etc. check out these pages:

plasma lamps

more plasma
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool! I think I want one of the regular sized sculptured Electras. It would look great on top of one of my black speakers.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well... my last Christmas present is now on its way via USP 3-Day. Since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays (not here in downtown Seattle anyway) my new Light Cannon 100 will most likely show up between 10:20 and 10:40 Monday morning, just in time to get ready for the big New Year's Eve parties I'll be crashing.
grin.gif

I wonder if it's bright enough to blow up a toilet.
wink.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
Well... my last Christmas present is now on its way via USP 3-Day. Since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays (not here in downtown Seattle anyway) my new Light Cannon 100 will most likely show up between 10:20 and 10:40 Monday morning, just in time to get ready for the big New Year's Eve parties I'll be crashing.
grin.gif

I wonder if it's bright enough to blow up a toilet.
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd really like to be standing there when you're opening up your Light Cannon package
wink.gif
-just to see the look on your face as you're tearing open your Christmas present
grin.gif
grin.gif
-ESPECIALLY when you turn on your new light the first time!
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:

Sounds like you're really looking forward to it !!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am, but the wait just got longer.
Turns out "UPS 3-Day Select" takes SEVEN DAYS, not three, because of the timing of the new year.

Shipped yesterday out of New York, is now in California en-route to Portland, and despite that it won't be here until next Wednesday.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are all UPS non-transit holidays, except for the most expensive overnight stuff, which could fly on Monday.
$*%Y#$&@%^&*#$%&@#

Guess I'd better put new batteries in that Trek 6000 and stick it back on my wheelchair so I can see my way home after the new year's party.
frown.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pooh:
You won't be needing those batteries; the LC come with them installed (or at least mine did)
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought some anyway, since I'll probably burn through the first set pretty quickly.
And because I'll get a free 8-pack in January.
grin.gif

As far as I am aware, the recommended way to ship a LC is with batteries installed.
They may act as an inertial damper for the lamp while in transit.