Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

Default Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

for $86.00 at amazon. is this a great deal? if this is i'm think about getting one! the deal is only today!

Post Re: Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

Maybe. What chargers does that include? Link?

I really like my US.

Mark

Default Re: Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-78...2?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Details:

Streamlight Ultra Stinger 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight, BLACK
    Machined aluminum housing anodized against corrosion inside and out;
    unbreakable polycarbonate lens.
    Kit comes with:
    * 2 Chargers
    * AC Adapter
    * DC Adapter
    * Flashlight Body
    * Battery
    * Bulb

Part #: 78014
    Weight: 3 lbs whole kit; 1.1 lbs flashlight & battery
    Voltage: 6V
    Chemistry:NiCad Battery
    Dimensions: 11.75" Flashlight body

With free shipping I think this is the cheapest you will find.

Default Re: Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

sounds like a deal.

I checked the like and it doesn't look like the fast charger but, for the money a great deal!

I paid I believe $116 for mine with 2 fast chargers from somewhere LOL

it's sad when you've bought so much you don't recall where they all came from. Maybe www.primetools.com

Flashaholic

I gave over a hundred from Amazon for the exact same kit and it has been worth every penny. I mounted one of the chargers out of sight in my truck and that's where it lives.

Yes, buy it, a great price for a very great light.
    One of the best Flashlights i ever had.

That was my first light and that got me hooked! It is quite a thrower and produces a nice white beam. I thought the charger was a bit of a nuisance but other than that, great light!

Flashaholic

Does anyone know where to get a stippled reflector for the UltraStinger?

This place has it for the same price - looks like they teamed up with Amazon. Not sure if the sale will continue longer than Amazon?

http://www.storexxl.com/Outdoor-2861...lashlight.html

Quote Originally Posted by woodasptim
    I gave over a hundred from Amazon for the exact same kit and it has been worth every penny. I mounted one of the chargers out of sight in my truck and that's where it lives.
    Awesome Idea! just ordered one, I'll put mine velcroed, centered under the bench seat in the F-150. Or is there a better place?

Flashaholic

I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 and have it mounted next to the driver seat, between the seat and the door. I put some black tape over the LED to that noone noticed the red glow and got curious. You can still see the light at night if you look directly at it, it's just not as noticable. I've had it mounted there for almost a year now, but it's just started to loose connection sometimes. I'm thinking about moving it to where it hangs behind the seat in a verticle position, but I like being able to grab it anytime I want it without having to open the door.

Probably a stupid question, but could you technically run the US on alkalines? (discounting runtime)
    Maglite 6D, 3D (X2), 2C, 2AA, 2AA (LED), 2AAA, BSA right angle 2D, Fulton MX-991/U (X2).

This thread is 4 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by FresnelMag4 View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but could you technically run the US on alkalines? (discounting runtime)
    I doubt it, why would you want to run alkalines in a rechargable light anwway?
    My Lights Here

Quote Originally Posted by FresnelMag4 View Post
    There is no alkaline cells size of sub "C" to fit Ultra Stinger.

1.7 Amp draw of US bulb is too much for AA, C or even D size alkaline.

There is a way to modify and use alkaline in US but why buy a rechargeable and convert it to primary cells?