Streamlight 78014 Ultra Stinger Rechargeable 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-78014-Rechargeable-Candlepower-Flashlight/dp/B00008BFSL/ref=br_lf_m_548166_11/104-4706636-5395962?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Details:

Streamlight Ultra Stinger 75,000 Candlepower Flashlight, BLACK
Machined aluminum housing anodized against corrosion inside and out;
unbreakable polycarbonate lens.
Kit comes with:
* 2 Chargers
* AC Adapter
* DC Adapter
* Flashlight Body
* Battery
* Bulb

Part #: 78014
Weight: 3 lbs whole kit; 1.1 lbs flashlight & battery
Voltage: 6V
Chemistry:NiCad Battery
Dimensions: 11.75" Flashlight body

With free shipping I think this is the cheapest you will find.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds like a deal.

I checked the like and it doesn't look like the fast charger but, for the money a great deal!

I paid I believe $116 for mine with 2 fast chargers from somewhere LOL

it's sad when you've bought so much you don't recall where they all came from. Maybe www.primetools.com

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
I gave over a hundred from Amazon for the exact same kit and it has been worth every penny. I mounted one of the chargers out of sight in my truck and that's where it lives. :sold:

maxilux

Enlightened
Yes, buy it, a great price for a very great light.
One of the best Flashlights i ever had.

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
That was my first light and that got me hooked! It is quite a thrower and produces a nice white beam. I thought the charger was a bit of a nuisance but other than that, great light!

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
woodasptim said:
I gave over a hundred from Amazon for the exact same kit and it has been worth every penny. I mounted one of the chargers out of sight in my truck and that's where it lives. :sold:
Awesome Idea! just ordered one, I'll put mine velcroed, centered under the bench seat in the F-150. Or is there a better place?

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 and have it mounted next to the driver seat, between the seat and the door. I put some black tape over the LED to that noone noticed the red glow and got curious. You can still see the light at night if you look directly at it, it's just not as noticable. I've had it mounted there for almost a year now, but it's just started to loose connection sometimes. I'm thinking about moving it to where it hangs behind the seat in a verticle position, but I like being able to grab it anytime I want it without having to open the door.

FresnelMag4

Newly Enlightened
Probably a stupid question, but could you technically run the US on alkalines? (discounting runtime)

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a stupid question, but could you technically run the US on alkalines? (discounting runtime)

There is no alkaline cells size of sub "C" to fit Ultra Stinger.

1.7 Amp draw of US bulb is too much for AA, C or even D size alkaline.

There is a way to modify and use alkaline in US but why buy a rechargeable and convert it to primary cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.