Rage against the machine sucks because they're anti-US

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Rage against the machine sucks because they\'re anti-US

I hate rage against the machine. They are all anti-govmt. and always try to criticize the U.S.. I think they should try living in some country where they would shoot you for singing against the government and the country, LOL!!!

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
Re: Rage against the machine sucks because they\'re anti-US

Rage sux, let the Commies move to cuba and critisize Castro.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..and when Springsteen wrote the ANTI-war song; "Born in the USA," millions got the message backwards and turned him into some sort of patriot he never intended to be..

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, yes... in fact, any artist, musician, poet, or writer who would criticize the government should be exiled to Cuba...

..until there is no one left to remind us of our right, our OBLIGATION, to criticize the government.

Maybe I take too much stock in the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And maybe ColdLight was being sarcastic anyway!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alaric Darconville:
..until there is no one left to remind us of our right, our OBLIGATION, to criticize the government.

Maybe I take too much stock in the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution.
And maybe ColdLight was being sarcastic anyway!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course it's our right to Criticize rage against the Machine... it goes both ways. Sadly Rage is against more than just gov't, they are against protecting life and the innocent.

BUT.. as much as I don't like them , it IS their right to voice their opinion about gov't, politics, and whatever else they chose.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened

....and they are no longer a band. They came apart at the seams a few months back (just for the record).

Right or wrong - nothing happens in life unless we challenge ourselves and others. Thanks to our forefathers we have the Constitution and all that it provides us here in the U.S. Cuba could get rather crowded rather fast if we exiled folks for their thoughts & statements. It is our right and our obligation as U.S. citizens to think freely and to speak openly. Free thought and free speech are the foundations of what makes this the greatest nation on the planet.

It will be a sad day when we as Americans are not allowed to listen or view what we want or to discuss it openly. I'm neither condoning or condemning "Rage", but there are far too many Americans that do not utilize their rights, that remain silent, that do not vote, that do not know anything about their govt., and that feed off the efforts and lives of other citizens without question and without thanks. What's worse, being an active agent attempting change, or one that sits back and does nothing but takes willing what others provide without comment or input? So few make the "ultimate sacrifice" to keep us free, so many do nothing, nothing at all, but enjoy those freedoms without nary a thought about how they got them. Personally, I'd rather know somebody's thoughts on a subject than know nothing at all. Hence, are you with us or against us?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

we all have our battles.
live and let live.

"...We can hear the night watchman click his flashlight
Ask himself if it's him or them that's really insane..." -B.Dylan

L.E.D.

Enlightened

I was saying nothing at all against the first ammendment. I really like the 1st ammendment, it's probably the most important. It is a good thing to be able to criticize our government, to stop them from getting too power hungry, I just think they need to see that the US is one of the nicest countries in the world to live in (probably THE nicest, but I wouldn;t wanna be too cocky, but tell me a BETTER place to live in where u can still get LED's and all the regular commodities and amenities-(spelling?) of your home) they think the US government. sucks, they should see a lot of other country's governments, hahahaha! They tried hanging an upside down US flag on Saturday Night Live! Oh yes, someone please name a government that u think is better than the USA's and why?

L.E.D.

Enlightened

Communism was totally screwed, because they forgot about one REALLY important element:
shocked.gif
GREED
shocked.gif