Another idiot shining lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do these people come from? I read someone else's post about somebody shining a laser at a state trooper. Last night some kids were doing the same thing in my area to motorists on route 66 (heard it all via the scanner). Brief foot chase and the cops nabbed 'em.

The kids are also being held on suspicion of having heaved some rocks onto passing cars from the overpass a couple of weeks ago as apparently they left a small pile of rocks and brick bits (along with their laser) behind when they fled.

cutlerylover

Banned
A damn shame...All the stupid people ruin thigns for us good folks...I am a balisong enthusiast but because of gang members and stupid people the balisong is illegal in most places in the US including my state, because of these people I have to hide my knives when I am in public...well I have plenty of legal knives too, but I wish I could use my balisong in public and not worry about being harassed or getting into trouble...Its just too bad!

Not everyone knows what a balisong is so...

Balisong = butterfly knife

Last edited:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
cutlerylover said:
A damn shame...All the stupid people ruin thigns for us good folks...I am a balisong enthusiast but because of gang members and stupid people the balisong is illegal in most places in the US including my state,

Well if you ever run across any of them, just perform Michael Pare's Balisong Bitchslap. :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Oyg1BtX8k

NAW

Enlightened
I know what you mean... every now and then some stupid mother ****** will be shining a laser beam at me. The last time that happened I was night fishing and someone was shining a red laser at me. I let it slide but after a minute I got fed up witht the bull **** and got my 1300 lumen HID and shone at his room.
The stupid ***** stopped soon after.

I know I don't ususally don't talk like this but its not something I find funny. :thumbsdow

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to wonder what these airheads are thinking about. About a year ago here
someone dropped a 30 lb brick from an overpass and the lady was killed. I just don't
get it.

comozo

Enlightened
Kids are unable to think like adults; to see as clearly the outcome of their actions as adults can, thats because their brains are still developing just as their bodies are. Brain development ends at around age 25. That's not an excuse just a reason why kids do dumb and thoughtless things.

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
The main problem is that they government doesn't hold the juveniles responsible for their actions. They rarely make them pay restitution or work to pay for damages. Often a slap on the wrist and probabtion, pointless.....

It is becoming more popular for young kids to destroy things for fun, and as we all know their lack of respect for anyone or anything else often becomes very dangerous and sometimes unintentionally deadly.

I often find myself blaming bad parenting for the problem, but I'm sure there are a mixture of things that contribute. I know in my day if I was cought screwing things up, I got my a$$ beat when I got home. Now-a-days, parents unknowingly and irreguardlessly defend their children, no matter if their right or wrong because they disapprove of law enforcement and the government that it represents.........

Somehting has to change......IMHO

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who knows why people do that stuff, lazers or throwing rocks at passing cars.

I know when laser points first came out, you know the cheap ones that takes button cells that are or were sold at most gas stations. We had lots of stories from the Hampton area on the news about that. One local news anchor was doing a story asking the cops to give them a break as nothing wrong was going on and while it was shot, he had a few red dots on him from folks shining lazers on him. I believe his name is Andy Fox of wavy tv ten.

cutlerylover

Banned
munkybiz_9881 said:
I know in my day if I was cought screwing things up, I got my a$$ beat when I got home. IMHO

Back in the day if a neighbor caught ya doing somethign stupid they smacked ya 1st, lol, then when your daddy got home you got the real beating...but Ill tell you what after thatbeating you never did that stupid thing again...but Im not just talking about fear of your father, or mother for that matter It was about respect, a good smack on the tusg make you think twice before doing somethign you know was wrong, and most of the time you thought about it and decided it wasn't worth the consiquences...But your right times change and you would be hard pressed to find that kind of thing going on theese days...

When I was young and I really messed up my dad gave me a spanking, nothgin terrible just enough for me to remember, and I love him for it today, he taught me good life lessons and morals! And I repect him a great deal for it!

soapy

Newly Enlightened
I've no idea why people think that kids don't work just like puppies, at least to begin with. A short sharp shock applied at the right time trains them not to crap on the carpet or bite others. Until they get to the point of language, there is no other effective way, imo.

Once they understand language, you have more options, but it is all built on the first few times you did whatever you did, and if the sand you choose was a talking to or hugs for being bad, what can you expect? A slightly harder, less wooly foundation is required to build an person up high.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
munkybiz_9881 said:
The main problem is that they government doesn't hold the juveniles responsible for their actions. They rarely make them pay restitution or work to pay for damages. Often a slap on the wrist and probabtion, pointless.....

It is becoming more popular for young kids to destroy things for fun, and as we all know their lack of respect for anyone or anything else often becomes very dangerous and sometimes unintentionally deadly.

I often find myself blaming bad parenting for the problem, but I'm sure there are a mixture of things that contribute. I know in my day if I was cought screwing things up, I got my a$$ beat when I got home. Now-a-days, parents unknowingly and irreguardlessly defend their children, no matter if their right or wrong because they disapprove of law enforcement and the government that it represents.........

Somehting has to change......IMHO

Maybe kids would get their @$$ "switched" (back in the day word), if people w/o kids minded their own business. It's now illegal (yes against the law) in some states to punish a child in this method. It seems everyone who doesn't have kids, knows exactly how to raise yours! Personally, I'm a little freaked when my kid(s) act up in public, because there's a point they just need a pop in the mouth (sass mouth is an on going problem), however I put up with it rather than get put on the six o'clock news as a child abuser, and loose my children, whom I love like my own life. It just cheezes me when people say that parents aren't raising their kids right. (as if beating children made them better people) Crime hasn't risen amoung teens since the regulation of parenting styles, we just hear about it more, and rather than doing something about it in our communities and getting involved, we b!tch and moan about it and point fingers at parents. Just somthing to think about next time you feel like blaming.

-Mrs. Wildrice

BTW, yes it was stupid and dangerous what these teens did. Hardly worth time in the clink, but perhaps 50 hours community service, and lengthy appologies to those who have had this done to them (ie: brick thing)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
They should waterboard all these kids shining lasers where they shouldn't be, until they admit their connections to Al Quaeda.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, think about it... what should be done? Crimes ARE punished, but are useually repeated by the same people. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of ANY individual to do what is right. Some of this is learned by family, other from culture (ie TV...). But the majority is up to the person in question. Years ago, more cities and towns were nice and clean because the individuals living there KNEW IT WAS WRONG to make it look/feel bad. It seems now that people (some teens esp.) are more concerned with doing something for themselves (having 'fun'), rather than thinking "is this wrong?" Even if they do think that, "C'mon, i'll be fun" is a powerful pull to others in the peer group.

Not wanting to pull this left or right... things in society have changed over the past 50years. Science and Technology advances havent helped in some respects. BRIGHTER, LIGHTER, MORE POWERFUL, SHARPER, SMALLER... all of these things have caused people to NOT repsect some of the commercial products out there. Hence.. EAR SPRAY from personal music devices. (personally, I keep my headphones pretty quiet as not to bother others around me). but thats just me.

I (as many if not most people here) respect the above highlighted words. I know it is wrong to see how far my LASER will shine while living next to a major expressway, but again, thats just me.

I have NO idea how to fix or change this shift in cultural awareness, but I try and do my part.

Jeff
Mr. WildRice

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think this thread is showing some potential for a trainwreck ... and as it has drifted off-topic in addition to that, I'll close it now. Thanx for your participation.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.