Explored the "Haunted" Lighthouse tonight...

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
Took the family to visit the Fire Island Lighthouse tonight. They had a Halloween program with a retired park ranger telling ghost stories outside on the terrace. When I called for info earlier, the woman told me to bring A flashlight... :naughty: Took the MAG LED 3D and the Propoly 4AA Lux for the wife. The kids had a Lowes Special 3AA Lux each. From the parking field to the lighthouse is a good 15 minute walk on a narrow boardwalk through the brush. On the walk I noticed quite a few folks carrying not so bright incans. During the ghost stories, their kids were playing with the lights so much that they were real dim by the time they had to walk back. We were well lit up, but I guess no other CPFers were there tonight.

BTW - I got a tower tour tonight. Nothing like being at the top of the lighthouse and watching that beam sweep across the ocean. Now that's bright!

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
No ghosts... :awman:

AND we were the only ones inside when the lightkeeper shut down the lights to show how dark it gets in there. No, I didn't light it up - just enjoyed the darkness.

I'd definitely recommend an after-dark lighthouse tour to anyone. Very cool, and you get to see some real "throw" from the tower!