Experiences with various lasers - FDDPSS

ted_park

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am going to share some experiences that I've had with various lasers which I have currently in my possession. I've got a number of lasers, but I'll only cover the dpss ones here.

300mw 532nm wall powered laser - purchased from alltech-solutions on ebay - this laser works well - has larger divergence than some of the pointers though. works well with modulation, measured output of 350mw. Very little IR leakage. This unit takes a bit of time after power on to create a beam, but I'm sure that's because of its start up sequence - its longer than the CDRH time required. 1 item purchased, and it was good.

100mw 532nm wall powered laser - purchased from aixiz_lasers on ebay - works well, has reasonably good divergence, beam can be shut off by turning end. 125mw output, very little IR leakage. Some issues with fast modulation, but the TTL input works correctly. I've purchased numerous items from this vendor, and shipping and product have always been good.

50mw 473nm wall powered laser - purchased from extremelasers - good, well built unit, >50mw output (I don't have accurate calibration here) good divergence, beam can be shut off easily, quick shipping.

PORTABLES

Leadlight from Atlasnova - many lasers purchased from abeland1 on ebay, others directly from atlasnova - all lasers have been good, with very low divergence. Fast shipping. Came with yellow sticky with actual laser power output which was within 1% of my reading. Very good customer service.

Mystery laser from ebay - discounttown. Comes on dimly initially, has terrible divergence, but puts out 15mw. Not great, but not bad either for the price. Took a while to arrive.

PPL-260 from Optotronics - quick shipping, stable output. Comes with certificate showing power output, which matches my measurements. Has shutter for output. low divergence, can be easily coupled to a melles-griot collimator for even better performance. Very good customer service.

I would be interested in the experiences of other people with their vendors and lasers.

Thanks,

--Ted.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Greetings,

I have 3 lasers... and had two pointers that I killed.
Both pointers came from Atlasnova. One was a red, 5mW that I tried to pot mod many moons after I got it... a few days after I signed up here. I actually broke it trying to get it out of the tube.
ohgeez.gif
I also got a 15mW greeny. The first had a rattle in it and would not power up at all. I was still at the post office and I called and, I think his name is Arnold...
huh2.gif
told me to send it right back. I did and had another in my hands within a week.
goodjob.gif
I killed it because I did not know about "duty times" and used a hairtie to keep the pointer on... for two hours... It got REAL dim and I took it aoart and killed it more.
sssh.gif

Now I have a 10 to 40mW from Axis off eBay. There was a small shipping issue, I think I was forgot about... But after an email it was promptly sent and works well. I do not have a meter, but it looks bright enough to be 40mW to me.
icon3.gif

I have a 100mW green dpss from extremelaser of eBay. It is very bright but with no meter I cannot verify it's output. It will not start a match and takes a little while to burn through tape. I have to split the beam so it doesn't blow my other lasers away and it is still look FAR brighter that my red and blue.

Lastly I have a 16 to 25mW blue argon that I did not meet the reserve on eBay by about $5 but I called the seller and he sold it to me for the reserve. It was/is used, although the tube had been replaced by a better tube. It works well but it a POWER HUNGRY BEAST... But I hear all gas lasers are not efficent.

I have a SCANPRO30 scanner set up on the way... from eBay and... China.
au.gif
well the seller is in AUS, but it ships from China. It should be here in a week or so and of course I'll be posting many pic and a few movies when it arrives. Maybe a seller review.
grinser2.gif

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Let's see here...I'll just snag the list off my website (without links): :)

1xAAA Red Laser Pointer
12-In-1 Keychain Laser
0-40mW Adjustable Red Laser Module
0.23mW Green Helium-Neon
6.8mW Red Helium-Neon
100mW 473nm DPSS Blue Laser
100mW Red Diode Laser Module
2in1 Super LED Lamp
3 in 1 Laser/LED/Pen
3-In-1 Laser/Flashlight/Pen
50W 808nm Laser Diode Module
50mW CR2 Green Laser Module
5-In-1 Green Laser Module
5mW 635nm Laser Module
5mW 645nm Laser Module
645nm Adjustable Laser Module
6-LED Flashlight/Laser Pointer
Aimshot LS8200 Green Weapons Laser Aimer
American DJ Laser Widow
Argon Ion Laser
Bright Night Laser Light
CA-227 Flashlight/Laser Pointer
CNI GLP-473nm Blue Laser Pointer
Cross Generator Laser Diode Module
Ebay 532nm Green Laser Module
Ebay Green Laser Module (2)
GL-1 Green Laser Pointer
Green Weapons Aimer Laser
Hi-Output Keychain Laser
Infiniter Quad XP4 Laser Pointer/Flashlight/Pen/PDA Stylus
Keychain Green Laser Module
Laser & Beacon 7xLED Headlamp
Laserpod
Laser Straight
"Liquid Sky" Laser Scanner
LuckyDuck 5mW Green Laser Pointer
Megalaser 15mW Green Laser
Novophone Green Laser Module
NeoGlo Keychain Laser Pointer/Flashlight
Laser Levelling Device
Laser Power Level Classifications
''OneShotOneKill'' Green Weapons Laser Aimer
PGL IIIA Green Laser Module
Red Laser Module
SCE 50mW Green Laser
Shop Force Laser Level
"Stick of Gum" Laser Pointer
The Piranha Red Laser Pointer
White/UV LED Laser Module Torch
Wicked Lasers 25-45mW Green DPSS Laser Module
Wicked Extreme II Green Laser
Wicked Phoenix 80mW Green Laser
Yellow DPSS Laser Module

Not shown here are units that were loaned for evaluation purposes and subsequently returned.

The CNI GLP-473nm blue laser pointer is used extensively as a cat toy - my sister's cat sees the blue beam better than any of the other laser colors I've tried with him.

The 100mW 473nm DPSS blue laser is much, much, MUCH too powerful to use as a cat toy, and my sister really doesn't care to have that much laser power beaming throgh the house, so it doesn't see use all that frequently.

Last edited: