• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Got my A19 Cree...WRONG ONE SENT

paxxus

Enlightened
I have one of these on the way. I read in another thread that two people experienced a loose reflector, and now this uncentered LED junk. I'm beginning to think that I might have jumped the band wagon too soon. Still, I was under the impression that these were quality stuff. Oh, well.

Yes, please let us know how this works out.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure these are just gorwing pains with a new product.

The lil Shoppe has always been good... Feel it out slowly before claiming it's "junk" :O)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
paxxus said:
I have one of these on the way. I read in another thread that two people experienced a loose reflector, and now this uncentered LED junk. I'm beginning to think that I might have jumped the band wagon too soon. Still, I was under the impression that these were quality stuff. Oh, well.

Yes, please let us know how this works out.

OK lets set the record straight.........

I should have stated that my reflector is loose but in reality if I tighten the LE it is not, I don't think these heads were ever advertised as "waterproof" water resistant maybe.

The Shoppe made an error in shipping and will correct it.

The Cree being off center might be purely a cosmetic issue, not a functional issue. I have a couple Aleph LE's where the Lux III is not quite dead nuts center and there is no effect on the beam.

My single cell A19 XRE is an amazingly bright little light and I am very pleased with it.

All of the above is of course MHO and lest we forget.......:stupid:

paxxus

Enlightened
Yeah, OK. Sorry bout the harsh words :)

Good thing about these lights is the modular approach, so you can always upgrade as things evolve. Still, that uncentered LED - I mean, damn.

Anyway, can't wait to get my saber :rock:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I'll get my 2x123 without waiting too long and just send the 1x123
back to Wayne.

Ray

I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kid, did you check the beam yet?

There's is always slight amount of shift due to the surface mount of the Cree LED.

Don's magic reflector have a way of performing an auto off-center image calibration/offset (pretty cool stuff!) Take a look at the beam first before writing it off.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I am sorry that there are issues and some problems regarding the A-19 XR. If you want to get Wayne and Cindy's attention on this, the shoppe forum might be a more direct approach but feel free to post whatever you like in this forum as well.

I have noticed on some of the XR-E MCPCB's I have received that the LED is not as centered on the board as I would like. However, the LED can't be too off center on the board itself. The board can be set off center from the main "Z" axis by virtue of it being placed in the XR can/screw slightly off center and then the XR can/screw being off center due to some slack in the threads. The reflector can be off the major z axis as well and it is possible to assemble the A-19 with an eye on keeping the reflector centered as the LE is brought up to seat it against the window. I have one 27XR proto I put together that is way off center. It looks like hell but fortunately the beam does not suffer in appearance. :shrug:

Yeah, maybe this stuff is all just junk. :shrug: It is amazing what you can illuminate with these things though! :eek:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Opposed to the Aleph 1, 2 & 3 the front o-ring is not a part of the waterproofing in the Aleph19 head. The reflector is loose in th ehead and is sitting between the front window and the LE ... which means that when you LE isn't screwed in fully, the reflector will be able to move.
Just turn the LE gently clockwise untill it stops moving and you are set.
This head is at least as waterproof as the other Aleph heads.

bernie

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
Hi guys,

I am sorry that there are issues and some problems regarding the A-19 XR. If you want to get Wayne and Cindy's attention on this, the shoppe forum might be a more direct approach but feel free to post whatever you like in this forum as well.

Hey Don,

I emailed Wayne at [email protected] earlier when I got the light.
I also cut/pasted a copy of that email to the CONTACT US section of the Shoppe. I should hear something soon.

Ray

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted this elsewhere...

The Light Engine holds the reflector in place. Backing off the Light Engine makes the reflector loose.

I have not noticed any ill effect of the beam with the LED off center. I don't consider this an issue. There is no claim this light is in any way perfect, cosmetically or otherwise. You are getting bleeding edge technology and not "machine automated factory made light". Each light is hand built.

If the light doesn't live up to your standard of workmanship then please request a refund. There is a large standing line of other people that would be happy to take the light off your hand. :thinking:

On another note. If you back off the LE you can jostle the reflector around and center the LED and re-tighten the Light Engine.

In fact, every time the LE gets loose you should pay attention to this as you re-tighten it as the LED could be slghty off center.

-Wayne

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
dat2zip said:
If the light doesn't live up to your standard of workmanship then please request a refund. There is a large standing line of other people that would be happy to take the light off your hand. :thinking:
-Wayne

Wayne,

I want what I PAID FOR, the 2x123 A19.
Not the 1x123 you sent me. I dont appreciate
being told that other people are waiting for it
since I'm unhappy.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kid9P said:
Wayne,

I want what I PAID FOR, the 2x123 A19.
Not the 1x123 you sent me. I dont appreciate
being told that other people are waiting for it
since I'm unhappy.

I think Kid9P should get the 2x123 A19 XR-E that he paid for.... and not settle for the 1x123 that he got....... :(

It was hard for me to read Wayne's response that if he's not happy with what he got, he should simply get a refund so that others in line should snatch the light.... :(

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

I'm not going to be bothered with the resending
of this light and the waiting once again for the new one.
This has become too frustrating for me at this point.

Please just PayPal me the cost difference of 25.00
I'd also appreciate my 20.00 shipping refunded as well
since I did not receive what I ordered.

My PayPal is : [email protected]

Ray

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
dat2zip said:

-Wayne
:huh2: I can't believe you actually said that.

What's with the poor attitude towards a customer who handed you 275 hard earned dollars expecting to get what they ordered instead of what you sent?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
As this has developped more into a discussion with Wayne abou the Shoppe and a specific order I will move this thread in the Shoppe forum.
bernie

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok,

my bad. I jested and my wording was the nicest. I appologize if I offended anyone. I'm human just like everone else.

This thread caught me completely offguard. There was no comunications prior to this. I admit I'm no wit when it comes to writen text.

-wayne

trivergata

Enlightened
Trust me, after several years of working via written communication with people here in the US, plus Europe and the Far East, you cannot always judge someone from their written word, at least not on a forum.

I think Waynes words were accurate, and have NEVER known the Shoppe to be lacking on customer service, except the completely understandable problems with e-mails - Wayne and Cindy get more real e-mail that I get spam, I'm sure, so I totally understand the occasional missed mail.

I'm sure the unaddressed issue of the 1x123 vs. 2x123 bodies was just an oversight - Wayne goes above and beyond to be honest and fair. In all my dealing with him, he would never try to screw someone. I am willing to bet he is in this becasue a hobby turned into a buisness, which I personally know first hand takes most of the fun out of it!

Having a little patients with people who are trying to bring us new technology that the mainstream industries are too slow to get is a MUST. Wayne dove on the Cree XR-E thing and had turn-key units available before some of us modder-junkies could - that says ALOT about trying to meet demand for new products!

Fear not Kid - Wayne will take care of you, and remember, when someone is trying to offend you, it will be obvious, not subtle. I try to let those slide - whether it's my interpritation or not, life is eaiser that way!

Josh

Edwood

Enlightened
Jeers to both the OP and Wayne.

Usually it's a good idea to contact a vendor and get satisfaction first. If not, then air the "dirty laundry" in the public forum. To start flaming a vendor from the get go from a simple shipping mistake without first contacting them is pretty rude.

And shame on the "love it or leave it" attitude of Wayne's post. The customer (is almost) always right. As the old saying goes, a happy customer tells one other person about their experience. An unhappy customer tells nine.

I suppose because I'm pretty new here, I do not fully understand the attitude of people believing that everyone should just accept any problems of a new product as the cost of being an early adopter. It just makes me want to wait and see before spending my hard earned $$$ on a flashlight.

-Ed

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone that has dealt with me would know that I jested in the above comments. I have a good track record and I have publicly stated that I have poor communications skills and the more I talk the more I stick my foot in my mouth.

I'm better off shutting my mouth up and going to the garage to do R&D which is what I shall now proceed to do before I stick my other foot in my mouth. (at least I wouldn't be able to talk if I did that! )

-Wayne