Walt Disney World

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Is their any possible CPF members that have interests of Disney? In Florida? Every year our family takes a vacation either at Anaheim or Orlando.

However just recently I am discovering a possible coverup of some distubing news, first very little mention of a mans body being pulled from a lagoon inside the park itself and a rumor of a possible suicide of a Disney worker from a 14th floor balcony all within the last two days, ironically its during the period of when Disney makes its stock reports and the local Orlando Sentinel paper mentions nothing only Yahoo News has a story on one of these reports. my curiosity is killing me and as a diversion here at CPF I think this qualifies.

Brock

Flashaholic
I used to have a friend that worked there. A lot went on that no one ever heard about. The things she talked about the most were suicides. You have to remember there are 30,000+ people there, things will happen. Disney doesn't want the bad press, or any press that isn't theirs. Overall they have a better safety record then any town or city of that size, but people are people.

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Two tips for Disney world... One for CA, one for Fla.

I was just in Fla, and went to Epcot for the day.

Anyhow. My hotel had a "half price" pass to use after 2pm for about $33 or so. Can't buy 'em at the gate.

California: There's a secret club, called CLUB 33 beside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Do a web search... Fascinating.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I have a vast knowledge of Disney just in the last couple of years, my family and I spent two weeks in Orlando at a vacation rental home last december, our next trip might be in Japan between dec. and march for at least a week.
We do a Disney vacation every year.

WaltH

Enlightened
"Nobody ever dies at disney". You could have your head removed on a roller coaster and you wouldn't be "pronounced" until you reached the hospital. A corporation that size has a lot of pull. I live in Orlando and there's been more than one body pulled from the lagoon. Mostly stupid people swimming where they shouln't be. I have a friend who works there and will try to get the scoop from him tomorrow.
I certainly wouldn't let any of these incidents stop you from taking the family and having a good time. Just be careful and obey the rules.