On a Quest

K A

Enlightened
I am looking to purchase one of those stainless steel vacuum thermos's you use to keep liquids hot. I was hoping to find one made in the USA. But it seems everywhere I look everything is listed as being Made in China and the like. :awman:

Would anybody know of a place online or possibly a brick and mortar store that might carry such an item that was made in the USA?

Failing that... Could anyone recommend a good brand of thermos to purchase that actually keeps things hot like it's supposed to?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure if you are aware of this but most little things arnt made in the USA (cups,dishes,plates,) :thumbsdow

on the other hand i dont know if it will help but i think my dad used to carrey what i think the name was THERMOS not for sure but i do no it was in big letters on the side i know it was big and silver and older than dirt back when most things were made in the USA. another one you might try is IGLOO i dont know where there made or even if they make thermoses but its worth a try.

this is going to sound bad but if you dont want a new one you could keep your eyes open at GOODWILL or your local budget shop. i somtimes see them there.

hope you find what you are looking for!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's a good point - you'd probably find one more easily if you were looking for older stuff..

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like these?

I've had a couple of those for 15 years or so. Fill them with coffee or tea or cocoa in the evening and head to work. The next morning on the way home you've still got to let your drink cool or it'll burn your mouth. Carried liquid nitrogen in one for a bit, too. I don't know if they're still made in the US. :shrug:

:buddies:

Danbo

Enlightened
I have Nissan bottles in both sizes; one is so big you can put an entire pot of coffee in it, and then some. :)

I bang them against stuff all the time, and drop them constantly, and they still work like new. Depending on how many times I open them to pour coffee, it will keep the coffee steaming hot until late in the afternoon.

K A

Enlightened
I was at Gander Mountain earlier today looking around at stuff. Nothing imparticular as I had a $25 gift card to use up I received from '05 Christmas. Looking through the camping stuff I found some Nissan thermos's. I ended up buying the 1 Liter size Nissan and hope it works well during winter as I plan on putting hot chocolate into it to bring with me on my delivery job.

Latest posts